One hour ago...NEWSDAY [Abuse cases]

by sf 18 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• sf
    sf

Well, goodnight. I know I'll sleep 'tight'. I just completed my own email campaign. [[ FOXNEWS, ABC,CBS,DATELINE, PBS, LOCAL NEWS, WHITE HOUSE, LOCAL REPS, FAMILY, CNN, MSNBC...]]

Tomorrow I print up the NEWSDAY/ AP article and get it ready to distribute this weekend. {Going back to kh area}

Spreading this news is easy.

Good luck to the lurkers. Be proud! Sleep well. It's going to be a busy weekend.

sKally

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

that is awesome sKally

• timmycat
    timmycat

The Great Tribulation has started.

• BFD
    BFD
    TC- The Great Tribulation has started.

Again? Better run to your KH!

BFD

• purplesofa
    purplesofa
    As an organization, we will continually strive to educate families and congregations with sound Scriptural teachings that they can use to protect their children from child molesters. And we will continue to do our utmost to protect children from this horrible crime and sin."

It would have been so much better to admit as an organization that we will change our policies on protecting child molesters, we were wrong to continue to us the two witness policy. Also, it makes it sound like if only the parents were better educated none of this would have happened.

purps

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

great video and coverage!

• sf
    sf

I put these articles onto the kingdom hall doors this weekend. And finished up on emails. I received several replies. Albeit auto-replies. Replies nonetheless. And FOX has it on their site. THAT is progress.

Keep the pressure on the media lurkers. You are doing fabulous.

sKally

• MindWanderer
    MindWanderer

I'm just a little bit upset that I wasn't molested. You know, like the female teachers and the school boys. Not molested by a perv guy. Sick. But let's be honest this stuff happens with "Humans", not just with specific groups of people. It happens everywhere. By saying this I am not condoning the lack of response on the part of the specific individuals charged in these cases, I am just attempting to be fair in that it happens everywhere, not just JW's. I also agree that there needs to be some sort of policy revision as far as the "one witness" or "two witness" rule, especially as regards child abuse, where it would most likely not ever be seen by more than one person walking in on someone in the act.

• neverendingjourney
    neverendingjourney

I agree with you that child abuse is a wide spread problem that can be found everywhere, in any religion. The fact that JW children were molested by other JWs and even elders in certain instances does not surprise me. The problem was widely ignored in our society as a whole a few decades ago. The push for tougher laws against child molestation didn't really begin in earnest until a few decades ago. It wasn't uncommon for children from my mother's generation who reported child abuse to be ignored by the parents.

However, what is notable here is the cowardly lack of priorities throughout this particular religious organization. What mattered most to these people was not protecting children, but rather protecting the religion's reputation. In order to further their main goal, they pressured families into keeping quiet and not going to the authorities to report the problem. Pedophiles had a sanctuary in the JW religion where they could thrive. As long as there weren't two witnesses, they remained members in good standing and others were forced to see them as their spiritual brothers. When the sh*t hit the fan and the Catholic Church began paying out millions of dollars in lawsuit settlements, they saw the writing on the wall and came up with "new light" to say that "known" child molesters could no longer serve in positions of authority in the congregation. The primary purpose for that was to protect themselves from potential lawsuits. People in positions of responsibility could be seen as agents of the religion, which could expose the WTBTS to a slew of lawsuits. They now claim that their primary interest is to protect the children. Bullsh*t. Their primary interest was and still is to protect themselves. The change in policy only came about because they were afraid of being hit up for millions of dollars in lawsuit damages. Their hypocrisy and blatant disregard for the welfare of children is pathetic. What's worse, they have the nerve to criticize the Catholic Church for displaying the exact same behavior that they displayed for decades. That's the real issue right there, and there is absolutely no excuse for that.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit