Spiderman 3 (Spoilers, do not read unless you want the movie ruined)

by free2beme 25 Replies latest jw friends

• Big Tex
    Big Tex
    Has anyone actually read the actual comic book?

Yes, actually. Before I was forced to sell my collection, I had every issue of Spiderman from issue #20 forward.

• free2beme
    free2beme

Spiderman 3 did take it to far with two villains, but since they were not going to do a 4th (Already made that clear), they wanted to get as many in as possible. Venom could have easily been the one and only villain, I would have been happy.

• CaptainSchmideo
    CaptainSchmideo

Sorry you had to sell your collection, Tex. I hope you got the best rate for em....

I have a Fantastic Four collection that spans from 1969 (the end of the Lee/Kirby era) up to the mid Nineties. I kept them for my kids, but all they want to read is Ultimate Spider-man. (sigh)

• Preston
    Preston

The film works well up to a point.... Did anyone find it ironic that Peter Parker's girlfriend was exploited by the film to the extent that she was and that he gave his enemies more respect than he gave her? It almost makes me wonder if Kirsten Dunst would consider making another Spiderman film. (Spoilers) - She gets fired from her job - Clocked by Peter Parker in the 'Fever' dance sequence - Kidnapped by Harry - Blackmailed by Harry - Suspended by Venom and The Sandman in a Taxi - Cheated on by Peter / Spiderman I know that a lot of this works into the storyline (love lost, love regained) and the downer ending works... but I dunno... she was portrayed as.... too helpless, donchya think? Even THAT is antitypical of the movie-superhero genre. - Preston

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

I have a Fantastic Four collection that spans from 1969 (the end of the Lee/Kirby era) up to the mid Nineties. I kept them for my kids, but all they want to read is Ultimate Spider-man. (sigh)

Oh man, back in the day my FF collection went back to #11 (the introduction of Impossible Man). I had some great, great books (X-Men, Hulk and Avengers from the 1st issue for example). I went way, way back on just about every title.

But no, under Biblical pressure and guilt from my mother I sold the lot for $200. That was 1982. I regretted it the minute I did it. I'd love to have them now, if for no other reason than my 11 year old son is really into comics. He would have gone bananas over what I had!

>sigh<

• CaptainSchmideo
    CaptainSchmideo

Oh, man! You sold the lot! for $200 bucks!!!!??? Oy Gevalt! I think a fair condition of Avengers #4 goes for at least $80 all by itself. Thanks, Ma!

My Dad liked comics when he was a kid, so he never gave me too much grief over it, except when I spent too much money out of budgeted allowance. The only gripe I have now is I have some good, but a lot of worthless, and I pay storage fees every month to keep them from underfoot (we're talking 2000-3000 issues of stuff, here!)

But I'm proud to say I have a great Jack Kirby collection, stuff that I bought out of the quarter boxes at conventions. One is a complete set of Kamandi, the Last Boy on Earth, which I will never sell (because it ain't worth that much) but is one of Kirby's best (and longest lasting) series.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit