Sixteen Child Sex Abuse Lawsuits against Jehovah’s Witnesses Are Settled

by Dogpatch 166 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• undercover
    undercover

Okay, Mad is delusional, we all know that.

But instead of suspending his account, why not let him defend, or try to defend, his position and his remarks? Maybe not on this thread, but on a thread devoted to his opinion.

I'd like to see him try and defend his position to each and every poster who presented evidence contrary to his assertions and position. That exercise could prove invaluable to lurkers who are watching as this news unfolds.

Just a thought...

• restrangled
    restrangled

Mad is that rare breed of JW that is obsessed with the Catholic church. He grew up a Catholic and converted, so his entire perspective is skewed by the Rutherford influence. His entire faith has been built on the idea that no religion on earth is as bad as the Catholic church.

There is nothing on earth worse than sex abuse of children. Soon the WTS will join the Catholic church in the eyes of the world as committing the ultimate religious perversion.

It is too much for him to get his head around.

r's hubby

• Mary
    Mary
    Mad said: The biggest Perverts are those accusing us of covering over pedofiles. So many believe just about everything they read- even on 'free-for-all' boards like this!

Spoken like a true idiot.

I have a feeling that although the lawsuit settled 'only' 16 cases, it will open up the avenue for A LOT more cases. This is going to cost the Society big-time, both financially and in the court of public opinion. And it's about time. For too many decades, they've waggled their noses at 'Caesar', thinking they were above any laws of the land and have ruled with a rod of iron on any dissention. Now, thanks to the internet and programs like Dateline and 20/20, they're finally having to answer for some of the crap they've pulled.

Maybe it's time for the Governing Body to ask themselves "Who really is the Faithful and Discreet Slave?" because it sure as hell ain't them.

• Gill
    Gill

There are many, many people like MAD in the WTBTS. I know of the opinions of my parents and JW family and to them, cases such as these are just 'apostate lies' and a sign that the end is getting ever closer.

You cannot wake these people up, unless they choose to wake themselves up. Once the WTBTS fantasy starts to fall apart, their lives also fall apart and so they MUST believe that the Organization has been set up by apostates and their deliverance is at hand.

Personally, I'm sorry that MAD has had his account removed. He gives us all a view of what goes on in the minds of the 'faithful' JWs and how they will twist events such as this.

Hold your friends close, but hold your enemies closer still, is perhaps something we should try to remember and also, once, a while ago, most of us were just like MAD! Lets not forget that!

• DJK
    DJK

Re Mad; Thank you Simon!

The settlement of a law suit "by law" is not an admission of guilt. We are intelligent people and we know when a settlement is made, someone is trying to beat bigger payouts or criminal prosecution because they are guilty.

I believe someday, not in the near future, people and organizations who cover up child molestation will spend equal time in jail with the offender. They should!

Familywatchdog is a site for pediphiles and sex offenders who have been prosecuted and found guilty. If you look close at many of these people you will see many are repeat offender's. A good reason why people who settle out should be listed on a site for nonprosecuted or suspected sex offender's. If you think a suspects rights are being violated, think about how many children there are for every pedophile. Their rights far outweigh one pedophile.

• dedpoet
    dedpoet

This is great news, thankyou Randy and Danny

I wonder how the org feels now they KNOW that there dirty little secrets are
    coming out. I can hardly wait for more lawsuits to get started - there's bound
    to be more.

Mad:

The biggest Perverts are those accusing us of covering over pedofiles. So many believe just about everything they read- even on 'free-for-all' boards like this

Spoken like the true jw apologist troll we always knew you were. At least we won't have to
    read any more of your bs, thankyou Simon.

Whose life to ruin? Which party is lying- which is telling the Truth?

We all know the answer to that Mad, including you. The watchtower doesn't give in on a lawsuit
    it thinks it can win. Backing down is an admission of guilt on there part.

• blondie
    blondie

Read SNAP re Catholic setlements and so-called apologies.

http://www.snapnetwork.org/

• Mary
    Mary

Maybe Crooklyn is going to have to learn how to spin straw into gold in order to pay for all the abuse cases.

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

i wish i'd known about the nashville press conference i'd have shown up and added another body to the crowd.

fingers crossed hoping this gets more media attention than expected. the victims cant speak for themselves because of the gag order, so my hope is the press conference speaks for them LOUDLY!

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974

Christ Jesus will judge any molestors- and the ones accusing us of this falsehood

This speaks volumes; Mad has clearly shown that he will be prepared to dispute incontrovertible evidence;he has further shown that he is prepared to side with peodophiles!

Tosser!

Gary

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit