Husband forgot our anniversary....again

by nsrn 36 Replies latest jw friends

• Quandry
    Quandry

Women are always looking for an excuse to be hurt and offended by men, or an excuse to go tramping around.

Ouch!!! I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say the odds are that you're divorced. If not you probably soon will be with your attitude toward women.

• John Doe
    John Doe
    Ouch!!! I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say the odds are that you're divorced. If not you probably soon will be with your attitude toward women.

Truth hurts, huh. Nope, not divorced, but happily single. I have nothing at stake for telling it how it is. ;-)

• found-my-way
    found-my-way

Men who have nothing nice to say about women have obviously been hurt.

The fact is that John Doe's statement says more about his perception of women than it does about how they really are.

John Doe, I think it's great that you are single and happy about it!

• Quandry
    Quandry

Truth hurts, huh. Nope, not divorced, but happily single. I have nothing at stake for telling it how it is. ;-)

Well, maybe you don't always know "the way it is."

I for one have been married over thirty years,. In my marriage I am the one who usually forgets the anniversary date., but my husband doesn't get upset. I am the one who squeezes the toothpaste in the middle. I didn't even realize it. My hubbie just bought a tube for each of us and I may happily squeeze the way I want. What we do is keep a sense of humor and not get overly upset about things. If he leaves a glass on the coffee table, I just pick it up and take it to the kitchen. If I leave something somewhere, he justs puts it away, etc.

There are worse things in life than forgetting dates and anniversaries. On a day to day basis, we try to make life enjoyable for each other.

If you bring up the forgotten anniversary, just say "I know you forgot. It couldn't be because you didn't want to get me anything. After all I know I'm the best thing in your life, right?"

Life is short. We try to lighten up a bit.

I can imagine if your view of women is less than friendly, they may pick up on that and shy away from you.

• John Doe
    John Doe
    Men who have nothing nice to say about women have obviously been hurt.

Ok ok, so I was a little over the top, but what I said is partially true. I have plenty to say nice about women, just not when they're being insensitive to the needs of man to be insensitive. ;-) About being hurt, being human means you've been hurt.

• John Doe
    John Doe

I also must admit my propensity for overstating my position in order to get a rise out of others. It's quite fun--you should try it sometime.

• mouthy
    mouthy

Nope, not divorced, but happily single.

I hope you stay that way....With your feelings on the subject.At least that wont be another marriage on the rocks. But you must be lonely at times.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit