by juni 10 Replies latest social entertainment

• juni
    juni
    Prince
    © AP
    Prince

Prince Will Play 21 Concerts in London May 8, 12:29 PM EST

The Associated Press

LONDON -- Prince, whose hits include "Purple Rain" and "Kiss," will play 21 shows in London this summer.

The eclectic pop superstar, who is a Jehovah's Witness, said he wouldn't be playing any other European dates in 2007 because he must devote time to studying the Bible.

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

21 dates!!!!!!!!!!

who does he think he is...prince

• juni
    juni

tij!!

I thought it interesting that he considers himself a JW. Must make time for that studying. lol

Money speaks doesn't it with this organization? And to think what all WE gave up to remain in good standing in the congregation. And this guy keeps mingling with "the world" and goes to worldly parties, etcetera, etc. and yet is still a witness.

Just glad I'm out.

Juni

• free2think
    free2think

I heard he will do 7 concerts in london over a two week period, one every other night. Maybe that's so he can keep up with his study and attend the kingdumb hall.

• evita
    evita

This just burns me up. Prince is "worldly" by JW standards. His music is filled with sexual innuendo, he dresses provocatively, he sets himself up for "idol worship". What more does a guy have to do to get disfellowshipped?
    Most dubs would have the elders after them just for associating with someone like Prince.
    Is it the money? Or is it some public relations ploy so the higher ups can pretend they don't have stringent shunning rules? Or do they just like having a celebrity in their midst?
    I just can't figure this one out. Like Juni said, most witnesses give up so much to remain in good standing.

• homesoulwt
    homesoulwt

Prince admires Amy Winehouse a singer whose morals are questionable. He hope she can come to one of his concerts. I wonder is a witness of good standing can associate with the likes of her?

• juni
    juni

Welcome to the forum homesoul.

You made another good point that shows it depends WHO you are and that money speaks.......when it comes to discipline from "mother".

Juni

• Pubsinger
    Pubsinger

yeah and I bet those stillettos are murder to wear on field service

• juni
    juni

hey Pubsinger!

Two sisters in the congregation wore very high heels in field service. I don't know how they could stand it. I think brother Prince gets chauffered door to door.......

Juni

• Pubsinger
    Pubsinger

I wonder if he still has that enormous bodyguard he used all the time in the '80s

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit