Do Jehovah's Witnesses Have The "Right" To Practice Their Religion???

by minimus 71 Replies latest jw friends

• inbyathread
    inbyathread

Whyizit responded back on page 2

HOWEVER, I think it should be mandatory that any group that is actively trying to recruit others into their group, no matter what that group is (religious or not), should have to provide a written TRUTHFUL statement that covers EXACTLY what they believe, and EXACTLY what they expect from people who join their group.

While this is a sound argument and I agree with it, I also believe that it cannot be legislatively ruled on. The separation of church and state. WHO would read these 'truthful statements'. The WTS makes the rules defining what constitutes a Jehovah's Witness. How could someone outside the organization determine whether or not the statement is truthful.

Changing thoughts now.

The idea of hate crimes was mentioned. The way I was reading the posts indicated that the thought process was JW would be guilty of hate crimes if they continued the shunning. But could us apostates be charged with a hate crime by challenging WT policies? Could the WT try to go to the courts and whine that our activity consititutes a hate crime?

Scripturally we are simply asking them to defend their actions and statements.

1 Pet 3:15 How could this be considered a hate crime?

• minimus
    minimus

We never put into writing that we SHOULD HATE THE PERSON because they no longer believe what we believe or have pursued unrighteousness. It is THEIR comment in the publications that state that Witnesses should hate another group. Personally, I don't HATE JWs or anyone off the top of my head. Instructing a group to hate might be illegal. I'm not sure.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit