Wife finally sees truth about "the truth"

by jakes 34 Replies latest jw friends

• Numinous
    Numinous

You are living the dream come true for most JW Jakes...so very happy for you!

• jakes
    jakes

Thanks everyone!

It has taken about a year and a half to get her to look at the evidence but it has payed off.For those of you with spouses still "in", hang in there and dont give up.The approach has got to be systematic and we cannot expect them to leave overnight.I realise now it was wrong of me to expect that from her.

I will keep you guys posted on the book's release date.

jakes

• JPT
    JPT

I would like to ask how did you conduct yourself towards your wife during this changeable period? That is you out she in the borg. How long did it take her to see the light? And here's the big one, Did you routinely drop remarks about the faults of WBTS? I think you did mention some fights about you book.

I'm looking for some pointers on how to handle my similar situation. I'm out she is in and thinks the WTS cab do no wrong. I just want her to see that the WTS is not what they appear to be.

JT

• wozadummy
    wozadummy

That's wonderfull Jakes, I hope this brings you both peace and I look forward to your book!

• jakes
    jakes

JPT

What worked for me might not work for you.Remember JWs will not look at any evidence from outsiders refuting Watchtower doctrines.One of the best ways to show them the Watchtower's faults is to use their own changed writings in their literature.Also concentrate on the getting them to think logical about a certain doctrine.For example, I used the previous teaching from the Watchtower with regard to organ transplants as being viewed as cannabalistic.There is no scriptural argument against this medical practice but there was a time when the Watchtower viewed this practice as cannabalistic (See Watchtower Nov 15 1967).Many faithfull witnesses died refusing organ transplants because it was banned by the Watchtower.

However,in 1980 the Watchtower changed their view with regard to this issue and it now stated that it was a conscience issue and a personal decision (See Watchtower March 15 p31 1980). Now this is where I concentrated on the logic. What about all those Witnesses who died refusing an organ transplant back when it was banned. Dont you think it was a tragic,needless and senseless loss of life? Organ transplants are now a matter of personal choice.

The same argument can be used with regard to th blood doctrine.Remember do not bombard her with too much info all at once.

As they say "Baby Steps".

All the best.

jakes

• Missanna
    Missanna

Congrats i know it's hard when the ones you love are a prisoner to that org. It's a rarity that they break free. Happy days are ahead!

• jgnat
    jgnat

Woohoo! How'd I miss this the first time? Congrats, and thanks for confirming the 'slow and careful' approach. After all, most of us don't wake up overnight.

Also, since hubby and I specialize in 'heated arguments' as well, you give me hope.

• Gerard
    Gerard
    Now this is where I concentrated on the logic. What about all those Witnesses who died refusing an organ transplant back when it was banned. Dont you think it was a tragic,needless and senseless loss of life? Organ transplants are now a matter of personal choice.

Truth has no expiry date.

• Balsam
    Balsam

That is just great news and the kind we all love to here on JWD.

• greendawn
    greendawn

It's always nice to hear that the eyes of brain washed JWs have been opened, it saved you a lot of trouble now that she will follow rather than shun you. A good victory.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit