Did you ACTUALLY do this?

by Frequent_Fader_Miles 23 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Missanna
    Missanna

yes i did. i was very passionate about it. i had been trained for it since i was 5. i had one sister from my hall come up crying and hugging me for getting baptized. Like i just took the gun out of my mouth and decided to live.

• found-my-way
    found-my-way

my dedication prayer, was a spur of the moment, and a completely emotional one time deal. I had forgotten about it until the brother asked me what the date was when i made my dedication...i was like, ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm,

i remembered where i was when i said that prayer, but couldn't remember the date...like who remembers that? do they write it on their JW calendar? lol jk.

so then he said, ''well you should remember the day, it's the most important date of your life!!!''

Embarassed I said, ''oh right, i remember now! it was **/**/96.....'' shoulda known something was wrong with my dedication when it wasn't special enough for me to remember the date of it, and then to lie about remembering the date to save myself from embarassment. I was 17, I was totally not ready to make this commitment.

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

no..but i remember feeling guilty that i hadn't

• found-my-way
    found-my-way

If I didnt, I would say, ''I actually didnt make a dedication...so does that make my baptism void''

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit