Have you ever been caught doing something naughty at a KH or at the door???

by chelsea 4 Replies latest jw friends

• chelsea
    chelsea

Okay i never got caught in the act, but right before my exit at the age of 16 i wrote on the whiteboard (during hall cleaning) "Chelsea loves Dave". During the public talk the whiteboard came out and there it was... there were no other Chelsea's so i'm sure they knew it was me. The speaker said "we don't want to know about Chelsea and Dave...ha ha ha" and rubbed it off the board. Luckily there were no Dave's in the congregation at the time... i was referring to my out-of-control high school boyfriend - if they had thought i was referring to someone's unattractive husband it would have been worse. Were you ever caught doing something you shouldn't have been????

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

fortunately no, as I did some seriously bad things at the hall. Never got caught, although I got caught on minor things like not paying attention or passing notes to a friend.

• chelsea
    chelsea

What were the seriously bad things??????

• Arthur
    Arthur

We attended a Kingdom Hall where the microphones (for audience participation) were mounted on long metal poles. It made it easier for the microphone handlers to get the mics to people quickly and to reach people in the middle of the large rows.

When I was a teenager handling the mics, I would play jokes on people (mostly my friends) with the mics. When I was lifting the mic away from someone after they had finished, I would deliberately brush the mic against peoples faces causing a loud brushing noise over the speaker. Other times, I would stand in back of the auditorium behind the back row and hold the mic in back of sister's heads without them knowing. Then, one of them would crack a joke to the other and they would giggle - sometimes becoming audible over the speaker system.

One pioneer sister used to give really long, drawn-out comments during the Watchtower study. My brother used to hassle her husband by holding the pole so close to the brother's head that he couldn't move. He just had to sit there and hope his wife got done soon.

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

I don't think I was ever caught in the act, but let's just say some of the sisters provided a nice view from above when I handled the microphones.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit