My JW visitors returned again. I'm officially an RV.

by kwintestal 7 Replies latest jw friends

• kwintestal
    kwintestal

They've actually been back a couple times but I haven't been home.

The first time the came back was the day of the memorial, they dropped off a second invitation, just in case I misplaced the first one, I guess. My wife was home and talked to them for a couple seconds but they weren't too interested in talking to her.

It had been a little while since the first time I talked to them as I've been busy on Saturdays, so this time they came on a Thursday afternoon around 3pm and I just happened to be home. The lady started out by saying how last time she visited we talked about world conditions, which we didn't as you can read in my previous post on the matter, and then went on, reading a scripture, the one that talked of the last days where all these horrible things will happen, like greed and drunkeness, children won't listen to parents and people won't love God. "What do you think of this?"

I said, "It sounds the way that the earth has run for as long as human history can recall."

The lady went on to explain to her companion how I didn't believe in the bible, and how great it was that I allowed them to read from it to me. This led the other lady to ask me why I wouldn't believe it. So, I went on to explain my reasons starting with how horrible the God of the bible is, especially in the OT, and then went on to archogical evidence, basically saying that the OT can't be proved prior to the time of King Josiah, and that's the basis of the NT, not to mention the discrepencies and contridictions.

They explained that they had a brochure that they can get me next time they visit that explains many of the "seeming contridictions" in the bible. I agreed and they left it at that.

A week later, they returned with the brochure, "A book for all people" or something like that. I wasn't home so they left it with my wife with a small note on it for me to read it and give them my opinion on it. They again weren't interested in talking to my wife, just left the brochure with her and asked for her to let me know that they were by. It's funny because originally, the very first time they came by, it was my wife who answered the door and talked to them. I wonder why they've given up on her so quickly? Do they not talk to two people in one house? Just kind of funny, that's all.

Kwin

• kwr
    kwr

What do you mean by RV?

• averyniceguy
    averyniceguy

RV is return visit

• jgnat
    jgnat

Funny ladies. Perhaps they are short of Ministerial Servants down at the hall.

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

They sound nice, you know, the way that they're nice. Be gentle with them. I've only just very recently developed a lot of pity for them. It's not entirely their fault that they're deluded. Their life is going to be awful enough, there's no point in pushing their buttons.

But anyway, you did good. Isn't it mad that they get so little response that any conversation that they have at all, they follow up? Even starting from atheism they'll try to put a wedge in. "Gets you thinking, doesn't it?"

• Frequent_Fader_Miles
    Frequent_Fader_Miles
    They again weren't interested in talking to my wife, just left the brochure with her and asked for her to let me know that they were by. It's funny because originally, the very first time they came by, it was my wife who answered the door and talked to them. I wonder why they've given up on her so quickly?

Maybe they're acknowledging your "headship".

• themonster123
    themonster123

I live pretty far from an established neighborhood, so Witnesses never come to my door, but if they did, I wouldn't say anything of note to them-or start questioning their faith. It's wrong to do that I think. MY journey of leaving the Witnesses started 95% from the inside, not necessarily external factors. And to impose those external factors on someone before they're ready (and for a Witness to leave, they really have to be READY from the inside)-I think is wrong. You wouldn't be helping them, really just hurting them. Like, now my whole world revolves around how I DON"T believe in the Witnesses. When I was a Witness, everything revolved around how they WERE right. SO whatever you believe, you will fit everything else into your belief system. Now I've seen it from both sides of the fence.

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

kwintestal: Why dont they talk to your wife? Heck, when I was a regular pioneer, if I ran into the same person twice (even if it was not the person I was looking for), I counted it as a return visit ...for I did return and visit the person again....gotta pump the number ya know. I always left them a piece of trash literature, just to get it out of my bag.

How do you explain what they do? (and some of us used to as well).

SnakesInTheTower (of the Lazy Sheep Class)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit