Response from a friend re UN Claim

by uncle_onion 6 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• uncle_onion
    uncle_onion

hi

I sent a JW friend the info on the un and this is what he said back. I would to know if there is any truth in it please?

"look up web site ....www.hri.ca Jehovah's witnesses are an
    ngo in order to report violations to their religious
    freedom to preach /look up web site www.hri,ca
    just like we would go to th e police to report a crime
    against us.

• DIM
    DIM

if that is true, why wouldn't they just say that? why would they disassociate themselves as an NGO at the UN?

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

Do they register with the Police as an official organization? You don't have to be part of the UN menagere to report violations of human rights.

YERUSALYIM
    "Vanity! It's my favorite sin!"
    [Al Pacino as Satan, in "DEVIL'S ADVOCATE"]

• Kent
    Kent

If you read the Watchtower Booklet on The Watchtower Observer, called "Mission To Africa" (on the first page), you will see with your own eyes this is a lie. The Watchtower even used UN- planes!

Yakki Da

Kent

I need more BOE letters, KMs and other material. Those who can send it to me - please do! The new section will be interesting!!

Daily News On The Watchtower and the Jehovah's Witnesses:
    http://watchtower.observer.org

• Trilobite
    Trilobite

Uncle Onion,

The WTS is an NGO: _any_ organization that is non governmental is an NGO by definition. What matters here is that the WTS voluntarily and formally associated itself with the UN/DPI. Doing this involved certain obligations towards the UN and vice versa. On eobligation is that the WTS would try to motivate public opinion in favor of the UN, Not all NGOs are associated with the UN. As far as I can tell the link your friend supplied is not relevant.

T.

• MacHislopp
    MacHislopp

Hello Kent,

these lines to thanks you,

for your excellent and fast ...job, with

the brochure.

" ...If you read the Watchtower Booklet on The Watchtower Observer, called "Mission To Africa" (on the first page), you will see with your own eyes this is a lie. The Watchtower even used UN- planes!"

You see Kent, some people speaks...only because they do

have a mouth...some don't believe even if it is put in

front of their eyes.

Btw, I'm planning in sending more things.

Greetings, J.C.MacHislopp

" One who has an accurate knowledge
    of God's Word will have no problem
    in refuting false religious ideas".

• patio34
    patio34

Hi Uncle Onion!

Nice to 'see' you again! Another point is that if someone requests police protection by being registered, they are not agreeing to promote the ideals and interests of the police dept.

Best regards,
    Pat

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit