• needproof
    needproof

Henschel died in 2003, who took over?

• badboy
    badboy

DON ADAMS, I believe is the president othe WT corporattion

• needproof
    needproof

Don Adams, now is he a member of the Governing body or did that all change recently?

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Max Larson the other one.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

The GB are not directors of any of the various corporations nowadays.

• needproof
    needproof

So when Henschel died, he effectively ended the era of Presidents being in charge of the whole lot?

• badboy
    badboy

I believe there has a restructing of the WT organisation,properbly on recommation of the lawyers.

• needproof
    needproof

Yes, I read similar - I guess they are covering their assets to prevent lawsuits.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Ray Franz says the presidency lost its power in the "palace revolution" of 1975.

However Fred Franz retained some considerable authority deriving from his charisma rather than from the office itself. So when he died the presidency became less important still.

Henschel was Knorr's bag carrier back in the 1950s and so may have had some informal claims to authority also through his background, if not due to charisma.

Since 2000/1 the GB and the presidency/directorships of the corporations have been completely separated.

I think the directors and presidents of the corporations are supposed to do whatever the GB tell them, though whether they will always and forever do so in the apparent absense of a legal bind remains an interesting question.

Slim

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

By the way, Henschel handed over the presidency to Don Adams (2000) before he died. (2003)

Slim

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit