Had to do a delivery at a JW assembly today!

by cyberdyne systems 101 4 Replies latest jw friends

• cyberdyne systems 101
    cyberdyne systems 101

There it was on the delivery manifest: Kingdom Hall of Jehovah's Witnesses, Assembly Hall etc.

At first I was like oh no i'll bet I know the people, and it'll be awkward, I did see a few I knew of coming out - they have both a Kingdom hall and Assembly hall on the same grounds - Anyway this kind young well dressed dude came over to the van and directed me to where it was to go, the next thing I must have misunderstood him cause another even more friendly young chap came over to see where it was i should go, anyway another person who lives there came out of his appartment and took me to where I was supposed to go, and commented that ,my van had a no smoking sign, he mentioned that by law they had to put them up, even though they are JW's and dont smoke, for those not from the UK, there is a smoking ban in public places about to come into force.

I was left with a nice impression of the people there and started wondering if it was that bad? Apart from being mislead over doctrine, didnt it look like they had a nice life style? But i started to remember back to when I was in and it wasnt a choice, what you wore, it wasnt a choice how nice you were to outsiders, it was something that had been carefully considered and planned and inculcated over and over, to conform to a clever marketing strategy. I'm certain that the nice people I met are genuine, and realised that I was just as nice and helpful back, but out of my own choice.

CS 101

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

That could've been really weird for you...but you experienced their nice and welcoming front. Good thing you didn't think on it more than that.

• avidbiblereader
    avidbiblereader

Cyberdyne Systems, TERMINATE that thought of going back.

"I wont be back"

abr

• Arthur
    Arthur
    But i started to remember back to when I was in and it wasnt a choice, what you wore, it wasnt a choice how nice you were to outsiders, it was something that had been carefully considered and planned and inculcated over and over, to conform to a clever marketing strategy.

Most patrons will be able to observe the same thing at their local Starbucks. Unity is nice; provided that it is natural. I began to see that so much of the unity (or unanimity) is actually legislated. I, too am certain that most JWs are truly sincere. But, it became clear to me over time that the Watchtower organization is just a huge corporation with millions of employees that need to be controlled and managed - much like Wal Mart.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Repeat my nick 1000 times while contemplating your navel: nvrgnbk

nvrgnbk

nvrgnbk

nvrgnbk

nvrgnbk

nvrgnbk

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit