Anyone interested in ancient history/archeology?

by zagor 15 Replies latest jw friends

• badboy
    badboy

I LIKE HISTORY/ARCHAEOLOGY.

LETS TALK ABOUT THE DIFFERENT EUROPEAN CULTURES EG FUNNELBEAKER

• Brother Apostate
    Brother Apostate

I'm interested in all history, not just ancient history. My interests in history revolve aroung geneological studies as well as political and military studies. As for archaeology, again, I'm primarily interested in finds that shed light on the previous issues.

BA

• Mary
    Mary

Funny you should ask this, as I just finished a course in

Archaeology and the Hebrew Bible. I really loved it......got 91%!!! We learned alot about Minimalists, Maximalists, their views, interpretations of passages in the bible etc. I had 3 papers to do for my assignments so I did the first one on the idenfication of Mount Sinai. I was surprised to learn that Jebel Musa (the traditional site which is featured in The 10 Commandments) is only one of a possible number of sites that could be the 'real' mount Sinai. My second paper was on Jacobs Well and my final assignment was on the Israelite conquest of Canaan.

While my background from the Borg helped me somewhat in my research, it's amazing what things you pick up when you study the bible from an academic point of view. For me, it made the bible 'come alive' far more than any Craptower study did.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia
    For me, it made the bible 'come alive' far more than any Craptower study did.

You can say that again!

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

My love of history was critical to freeing my mind from bondage. Informed persons are not easily duped.

I'm liking your recent topics very much zagor!

Nvr

• Mary
    Mary

And on this topic, I just saw this: They found King Herod's tomb over in Jerusalem: http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070507/ap_on_sc/israel_herod_s_tomb

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit