Did God Understand Genetics?

by JosephAlward 12 Replies latest watchtower bible

• pomegranate
    pomegranate

>>Happy? That's a criterion you use for believing? If it feels good, believe it?<<

Do you have a hair across your butt or something? What ever reason or manner I put my faith in God, WHO the are you to criticize it? And what is your reasoning for doing so? To protect me? Are you the Messiah here to show the world the right WAY??? All I see is a pattern of dim negative demeanor with no positive replacement.

>>I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess that you're interested in your salvation, having a "life" after earthly death, so it SHOULD matter to you very much whether you're right or wrong in your beliefs in the miracles described in the Bible. If you're wrong about the miracles, then perhaps you're wrong about which steps you must take to be saved; if you misunderstand the message of the "miracles," perhaps you also misunderstand other parts of the Bible as well. Being right or wrong when it comes to the Bible is extremely important, isn't it?<<

You have offered NOTHING to counter what I believe except your measley worthless OPINIONS on everything you speak about, with nothing else to offer.

>>Is baptism necessary to be saved, or will faith in Jesus alone do it?<<

Rom 9:16
    16 It does not, therefore, depend on man's desire or effort, but on God's mercy.

>>Does one have to do good works to validate faith in Jesus, and only then be saved?<<

Eph 2:8-10
    8 For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith-(and this not from yourselves), it is the gift of God- 9 not by works, so that no one can boast.

Rom 9:15
    15 For he says to Moses,

"I will have mercy on whom I have mercy,
    and I will have compassion on whom I have compassion."

There is NOTHING anyone can do to be salvaged. That is God's decision alone...saved by grace and mercy.

>>How do you know?<<

A little birdie told me.

>>Are you just happy to pick a belief, and stick with it, or should you question your belief?<<

I always question my belief. Just as you questioned my belief. But I don't DOUBT my belief. I refine my belief.

>>Which is safer: Believing because it makes you "happy," or believing because you've carefully studied ALL of the evidence objectively and without preconceived notions? Can you afford to be wrong, even if you're happy?<<

It doesn't make any difference. God saves whom ever HE wants. Not by works, but by the grace of the faith he gives to people like me to believe in a God like Him. Heck, he might even save you...

By the way, Happiness is way better than what you are offering. Which so far has been absolutley nothing.

• Gozz
    Gozz

Alward,

I think it's good that you're raising these issues here. And it's also interesting that not everyone is concurring. Of course, it's diificult for those of us who have been brought up, or have chosen to believe the bible as God's inpired word to be objective on certain points. Your point with respect to the Jacobian story is valid. Until not long ago, I also believed the story the way it is, that what happened was just possible. It would have been better for the bible writer to have stated that it was a miracle, but that would only have been if he thought it was not naturally possible.

• ianao
    ianao

*message removed for the sake of not being an SOB*

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit