Tired of cliques, are you?

by DazedAndConfused 10 Replies latest jw friends

• DazedAndConfused
    DazedAndConfused

Are you tired of feeling out of sinc (sp) ? I am.

Explain how you feel out of the loop.

• ninja
    ninja

I'll be your mate Dazey ...obviously for beers....keep your chin up my friend......nothing worse than feeling left out........ninja...clique killer

• Numinous
    Numinous

Five and a half years later and I still want to be a fly on the wall in people's lives that I used to be involved with. Anything else at the hall I don't miss...I was pretty good at working a room and involving everybody. Cliques are a problem in every congregation. I can't imaging how boring it would be to not visit at meetings. What else was there?

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

DazedAndConfused

Check this song out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRSDFBBlGp4

O hope it makes you feel better.

We all feel disconnected sometimes. Even if we have people we love in our lives. It's normal, part of the human condition.

You are valued. You make a difference. We all do.

Love and respect,

Nvr

• ninja
    ninja

yeah we all make a difference...except nvr....muhahaha

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk
    yeah we all make a difference...except nvr....muhahaha

to ninja. Now did I make a difference?

Nvr

• misanthropic
    misanthropic
    Are you tired of feeling out of sinc (sp) ? I am.
    Explain how you feel out of the loop.

Are you talking about in general or on the board? If I feel left out I just throw myself in, those who don't want to include me can then either make it obvious they're avoiding me or they are forced to interact with me. I know sometimes in my experience getting out of that loop is just a matter of "putting yourself out there" which is hard to do sometimes.

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

I feel out of the loop quite often too. A couple of years ago my reaction when I felt that way was to retreat into myself - not realizing that it was actually my own reaction that was putting me out of the loop!! Now, unless I'm in a depressive mode, if I feel out of it I tend to either stand my ground and carry on regardless or throw myself into something.

I don't take other peoples' behaviour toward me too personally - for example if the world seems to be 'going on around me', it's probably that some folk don't have time to stop and interact with me, it's not that they're deliberately ignoring or avoiding me or that I'm not part of the 'in' crowd (at one time I would have thought this, hence the retreat mode).

You're free to be yourself, don't try making yourself fit anyone else's ideas of who you ought to be and don't measure your own self-worth against others either - that's fatal!! In fact maybe that's where we get our whole perception of not belonging from? Whaddya think?

Let's get out there and live our own lives to the full

• Madame Quixote
    Madame Quixote

I find it depressing, like most everything else. Sorry you're feeling this way, too. Hope it gets better for you.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk
    I know sometimes in my experience getting out of that loop is just a matter of "putting yourself out there" which is hard to do sometimes.

"Putting yourself out there" is the way I combat that disconnected feeling. Nice comments Misa!

Nvr

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit