JW's Refuse to Share Brooklyn Tennis Court with Neighbors

by kwr 9 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• kwr
    kwr

Tennis anyone? Yes, but not for everyone.

DUMBO’s only open-air tennis court will soon be open for business. The hard-surfaced court, which sits atop a five-story building at 69 Adams St., has been drooled over by the net set, which has long hoped the court would be returned to service. Excitement volleyed around the neighborhood after workmen were spotted refurbishing the rooftop court.

“We are resurfacing it and patching it up,” said Richard Devine, a spokesman for the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society, which owns the building. But Devine cautioned locals to not start practicing their backhand: The court is only open to Jehovah’s Witnesses who live in other Watchtower buildings in DUMBO and Brooklyn Heights — not to the general public. Talk about a double fault!

http://www.brooklynpaper.com/stories/30/18/30_18jehovahstennis.html

• Gopher
    Gopher

Just leave it to the WTS to miss every chance for good public relations. They behave like a bunch of elitists.

• monkeyshine
    monkeyshine

Big deal! They probably won't even keep score like they told us not to when we were kids.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

What a fine witness!

• Borgia
    Borgia

WBTS: masters of doubleopisms: double talk caused by a lack of knowledge of the underlaying meaning of amalgations or abreviations. ......

Cheers

Borgia

• Gordy
    Gordy

Maybe they are going to let Venus and Serena Williams practise there?

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I could see them keep it from totally "public" but they certainly could have
    allowed residents of the area to sign in. I have seen indoor pools do that.

They could even charge a token "quarter" for an hour.

If they did this, the place wouldn't be full of riff-raff.
    OH WAIT. All "worldly" people are riff-raff, worthy of destruction.
    NEVER MIND.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

I helped work on those courts!

• found-my-way
    found-my-way

Not sharing...does NOT shock me...

the only thing they share with the outside world is the literature which they peddle.

They contribute absolutely nothing worthwhile to the world in general.

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

it'll be theirs after harmagedon anyways. i wouldn't share either if i had such a special relationship with jehovah god.

tetra

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit