OMG......JW pop up message on the Speed channel?

by ButtLight 13 Replies latest jw friends

• ButtLight
    ButtLight

Ok, So my BF is sitting here, watching the sports channel. They were doing pop ups on the bottom of the screen about 1975. Yep you guessed it. One came up and it said:

Jehovah's Witnesses announced Armagedon would come in 1975. When it didnt...there was a large drop in membership of the organization!

LMAO, on a sports channel?

• Good Girl or Bad Girl?
    Good Girl or Bad Girl?

WOW! That's crazy!

But - if you ask JW's they will deny this is true. And yet it's so widely known it ends up on a sports channel...

• Nowman
    Nowman

Happy Birthday GOOD GIRL BAD GIRL!!!!

Nikki

• free2think
    free2think

ROTFL that's funny. Even sports channels are joking about it, lol.

• badboy
    badboy

SHOULD TRUE CHRISTIAN BE WATCHING THIS CHANNEL?

WILL GB SAY YOU CAN'T WATCH THIS CHANNEL?

SEE THE NEXT EPOSIDE!

• ButtLight
    ButtLight
    SHOULD TRUE CHRISTIAN BE WATCHING THIS CHANNEL?

Its all good, he is catholic!!!

• JH
    JH

Not if you're wearing jeans...

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

It was like Paul Revere's ride to the American revolution.
    Anyone who denies it is a liar just like the holocaust deniers of today. The shot heard around the watchtower world was 1975 The end Armageddon was expected to come on or about the month of October 1975 as the watchtower prophets say big Bible events occur in October. 99% of Jehovah's Witnesses worldwide were holding their breath.When nothing happened the Watchtower urban legend rumor mill damage control went into high output and spun an addendum on "how long did it take for Adam to name the animals"?? For several years later we had to endure flak and eat crow door to door because EVERYBODY KNEW ABOUT 1975. The first assembly after the 'big' event the speaker (from Bethel no less) gets up to speak and bellows out jokingly; "ARMAGEDDON AIN'T A COMING SO I'M A GETTING OUTTA HERE" that relieved the tension that had built up.

• JH
    JH

ARMAGEDDON AIN'T A COMING SO I'M A GETTING OUTTA HERE"
    So did we.....

• ButtLight
    ButtLight

It is funny, my bf told me that he read back in 1975, in the Milwaukee news paper that the JW's claimed armagedon was coming........so yes, It was well known!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit