Could this be why WBTS is moving out of NewYork?

by restrangled 18 Replies latest social current

• restrangled
    restrangled

I still think this is funny. Apparently they thought that their sh!!! doesn't stink and do not need to pay the bill. I love that the courts decided .....YES IT DOES and you gotta pay!....12 years worth of stink!

r.

• betterdaze
    betterdaze

restrangled, Great catch! Thanks so much!

Finally, the Watchtower's "donation arrangement" with the City of New York is cancelled. How much free sh*t can people take?

~Sue

• journey-on
    journey-on
    the subject premises include two separate residential apartments located on the second and third floors of the building, one used by a caretaker and the other by the manager and his wife.

I have to wonder who these people are that are being furnished a New York apartment. If I'm not mistaken, IRS laws require that you pay taxes on "perks" such as furnished apartments, automobiles furnished, etc. I wonder if this "manager" and his wife paid taxes on the value of these provisions.

• zack
    zack

My first reaction, prior to reading all the responses, was:

What the hell are the flock's donation money appealling a measely water and sewer bill?

I can see Gary beat me to it.

These guys are shameful. I am ashamed I ever supported them.

• restrangled
    restrangled

Yep, I know I have to pay my sewer and water bill. How dare they fight a $12,000.00 bill. Religion or not they all drink water and they all have to flush toilets.

No one should be exempt from that!

They don't distribute to any outside charities, the least they can do is pay for the their own "crap" !!!!!

These guys appealed a water bill to the Supreme Court? What's wrong with this picture?

Naming of courts in New York is a bit misleading. In New York, the initial court of filing (i.e., the trial court), is the "Supreme Court." The highest court in New York is the "Court of Appeals," which is the equivalent of the supreme court of other states. The intermediate appellate courts of New York (the court that heard the case that is the subject of this thread) are referred to as "Supreme Court, Appellate Division.

Why would they appeal this? The org applied for an exemption to sewer charges to the Department of Environmental Protection of the City of New York, and their application was rejected by the City. The Watchtower appealed the rejection of the exemption to the Supreme Court, which as noted above, is actually the entry level court in New York. The Supreme Court's decision in the initial case was to compel the City to approve the exemption application and refund appx. $12K to the Watchtower. The City of New York appealed to the Appellate Division of the Supreme Court of New York and was successful. The decision of the Appellate Division of the Supreme Court of New York, which was in favor of the City, is the decision that is posted in this thread. So, in summary, while they had appealled the initial rejection of their exemption application, the case in this thread is actually an appeal by the City of the lower court's decision in favor of the Watchtower.

Why would they appeal the rejection of their exemption? $$$$$$ The Watchtower is a business that exists for the purpose of making money. Success here would have helped the Watchtower save money in order to give it to whomever is actually benefitting from the scam that is the Watchtower.

• mtsgrad
    mtsgrad

dont joke about flushing toilet memos. The bethel in London did issue one.

mtsgrad

• MinisterAmos
    MinisterAmos
    Naming of courts in New York is a bit misleading.

Beat me to it. Did you notice the "with costs"?

• besty

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit