If "My Book Of Bible Stories" was a movie, what would it be rated?

by gaiagirl 14 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• zack
    zack

I use the Jehu v. Jezebel story against anyone who tells me a movie is too voilent, etc.... I am not for gratuitous voilence, but most films do not

even come close to the voilence of Jehu. Not only did he have her thrown out the window, HE STEPS OVER HER DEAD BODY, HE GOES INTO HER HOUSE AND HAS LUNCH!!!,

AND ONLY THEN REMEMBERS SHE SHOULD BE BURIED BECAUSE SHE WAS A ROYAL, BUT THE DOGS ATE HER.!!!! The whole OT is nothing more than

voilence and sex, rape, incest, intrigue, murder as a tool of policy, etc..... Nothing in it is suitable for children.

I would rate the book NC-17 if I were on the MPAA.

• TheCoolerKing
    TheCoolerKing

Good topic! I just mentioned the "My Book of Bible Stories" in one of my recent posts. That book gave me nightmares as a kid! How about those giants stealing food from people and then beating them? Or those sores all over Job's body? Or the blood streaming out of Abel's head, after Cain killed him?

Yup, should be at least an R rating for that "blood" soaked book.

• White Dove
    White Dove

I tell everyone that the Bible is rated 'R' for sex (incest and adultry over and over and over), violence (Jesus' death)(Phenius speared them through their sex organs) (King Eglon was speared through and through and through all his fat to the sword's handle) (King Saul's death)(beheadings up the wazoo), and language (he who urinates against a wall). Oh, I could go on and on:)

I really don't believe the Bible Story Book is suitable for children as it inculcates fear of man and God into them that is not healthy. Opinion only, of course.

• White Dove
    White Dove

The Bible would be a teenagers dream! Drink water out of your own cistern and become intoxicated with the hind of your youth. Let her breasts intoxicate you. The Bible according to Heff! Hahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!

• ninja
    ninja

h for "hilarious"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit