Who the hell is J. J. Luna?

by Highlander 10 Replies latest jw friends

• Highlander
    Highlander

J.J. Luna is the author of the book.

'how to be invisible'

in the book, this author refers to using jw's for your cleaning services because of their rep as being honest and maintaining your privacy.

Does anyone here know this author and if so,, was this author a former or current j-dub?

• Lunamoth
    Lunamoth

Hmmm,

I don't know who J. J. is maybe someone else knows?

Love and Laughter,

Luna moth

heehee

• Highlander
    Highlander

Even the WT references his book on their website.

http://www.watchtower.org/e/20030201/article_02.htm

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

I googled it and got this review of the book:

http://www.amazon.com/How-Invisible-Step-Step-Protecting/dp/0312252501

in the book, this author refers to using jw's for your cleaning services because of their rep as being honest and maintaining your privacy.

Hum......could that be why I had so many exclusive clients in my cleaning business? I will take to my grave some very personal information on some very high profile clients. Yeah we clean up the messes of other peoples lives and no one would ever hear about it from me. I value my clients and there trust in me to keep quiet about what goes on in their homes. What happens in their house stays in their house.

Anyway that book looks interesting if you really have a need for privacy. I tend to lead my life discreetly as possible but who knew so much about anyone is just a mouse click away especially now with the Internet.

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

Even the WT references his book on their website.

"IN CONSTANT DEMAND"

"Whatever you are doing, work at it whole-souled as to Jehovah, and not to men," says the Bible. ( Colossians 3:23 ) Obviously, one whose work ethic is governed by this fine principle would be a sought-after employee. For that reason, J. J. Luna, in his book How to Be Invisible, advises potential employers to search out active members of certain religious groups, but he adds: "In actual practice we usually end up with [Jehovah's] Witnesses." Among the reasons he gives is that they are well-known for their honesty, and that puts them "in constant demand" in various fields

In all my years of having a housecleaning business I only had one client tell me that she especially looked for JW housecleaners and she had no idea I was one until a good year or so into our business relationship and said she wasn't surprised due to my honest work ethic.

• TheListener
    TheListener

If you read his bio he could be a witness. My guess is that he is a dub:

From Canary Islands Press Website (bio of J J Luna):

In 1959, J. J. (Jack) Luna sold his outdoor advertising business in the Upper Midwest and moved with his wife and small children to the Canary Islands off the coast of West Africa. Outwardly, he was a professional writer and photographer. Secretly, he worked underground in an activity that was at that time illegal under the regime of Generalissimo Francisco Franco.
    In 1970 Franco, yielding to intense pressure from the western world, moderated Spain's laws, leaving Luna free to come in from the cold. By that time, however, privacy had become an ingrained habit. In the years that followed he started up various low-profile businesses, built them up and then sold them.

Luna is currently an international consultant specializing in personal privacy. He usually meets with individual clients or small groups at one of the waterfront hotels in Vancouver, British Columbia

• free2beme
    free2beme

He is the alien love child of Rutherford.

• ICBehindtheCurtain
    ICBehindtheCurtain

You beat me to it! I was going to post this, as it is making the rounds in JW circles, I think the author must be a JW or hasn't done much research into how many JW's have been accused for fraud, theft and are sitting in jail for various offenses, it's just an illusion painted by the WTS to make the R & F feel like they are God's special chosen people !

IC

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee
    Among the reasons he gives is that they are well-known for their honesty, and that puts them "in constant demand" in various fields

......but none that actually require an education...........

Interesting that the WT article leaves out the qualifiers that the author specifies - "cleaning" - and instead says "various fields." Another subtle deception...............

• bluesapphire
    bluesapphire

(cough cough) Various fields except the medical field where they will rat their own out if they get an unapproved type of blood treatment!

Or ... in the legal field where they will rat their own out if they find out someone is say getting divorced because of infidelity or homosexuality, etc.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit