What does the WTS teach about the generation of 1914?

by bob1999 11 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• bob1999
    bob1999

This is from the Jehovah's Witnesses Official Web Site.

http://www.watchtower.org/e/lmn/article_11.htm

"Some, at least, of the generation that saw the "beginning of pangs of distress" in 1914 will live to see Paradise restored on earth."

I thought this had been changed in 1995.

Why would the WTS still have this on their website?

Thanks

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Cause they don't care.

• The Dragon
    The Dragon

How can they "teach"?

How about guess? Can you teach a guess?

• blondie
    blondie

How long a time period would these last days prove to be? Jesus said regarding the era that would experience the "beginning of pangs of distress" from 1914 onward: "This generation will by no means pass away until all these things occur." ( Matthew 24:8 , 34-36 ) Thus, all the features of the last days must take place within the lifetime of one generation, the generation of 1914. So some people who were alive in 1914 will still be alive when this system comes to its end. That generation of people is now very advanced in years, indicating that there is not much time left before God brings this present system of things to an end.

Published in 1993

http://www.watchtower.org/library/pr/article_07.htm

Note that this was published in 1993, two years before the WTS doctrinal change in 1995. This has been pointed out before on JWD. Perhaps you could write to the WTS and let them know they need to update this information on their website.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

WBT$ used to teach:"The Generation of 1914 will Not Pass Away.".....Now WBT$ says:"There`s too many of the generation of 1914 dieing..We have New Light..We don`t know what we Believe!"..LOL!!...OUTLAW

• Warlock
    Warlock

Generation!!!!?????? What Generation? I already forgot.

Besides, it's my fault for speculating, you know. I wonder why I did that?

Warlock

• ThomasCovenant
    ThomasCovenant

Hi Thanks. What links did you follow on the site for that? Thomas Covenant

• ThomasCovenant
    ThomasCovenant

Click the search box on their site and type in '1914 generation'

• free2beme
    free2beme

Because Witnesses are no different then the rest of society, in that they do not keep up with all modern teachings and thus you must leave a few bread crumbs along to keep them on the path you want.

• Hellrider
    Hellrider
    Cause they don't care.

Ha ha,that`s absolutely right. New light? Old light? Something in between? Yeah, who cares. The WTS doesn`t. And hopefully, the jws doesn`t either. It`s business as usual.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit