Can someone help?

by bethel anorexic 12 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• bethel anorexic
    bethel anorexic

Hi all. This is my first post.

I was wondering if someone here can help me out.

I stopped attending meetings a while ago and I'm not comfortable with the idea of having the congregation elders in possession of my publisher card and other records. Would someone be willing to help me retrieve my records so I can just disappear completely from the JW-world? Perhaps someone here who is a current elder or an ex-elder? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Please send me a pm if you can help. Thanks.

• zeroday
    zeroday

Unless you can break into the KH or the secretaries home and steal them there is not much you can do.

• DazedAndConfused
    DazedAndConfused

I understand your situation. However, joining and living the life of a JW makes everything in your life up for debate. The arguement could be that you have joined and agreed to every rule that they set out. Most of us DO NOT know what the rules are that we are agreeing to.

Therefore comes in the problem of annonimity (sp) when you decide to leave. Even if you are able to get your records does not mean that they have not made copies before it is sent to you. My experience as a nurse tells me that legally records can be kept for at least 3 years (longer if they desire.)

Once a person adheres to a way of life, whether fully informed or not, they are bound to "their" rules." Being a "religious organization" makes it even more sticky.

I empathise and hope you can get what you want, but I don't think it will happen.

Dazed

• bethel anorexic
    bethel anorexic

Thanks. I certainly wouldn't be requesting help to break into the secretary's house.

But I was thinking along the lines of faking a move to a "new congregation" and have my records sent "there".

It would bring a certain degree of closure if this could be possible.

• dedpoet
    dedpoet

Hi, and welcome to the forum.

I assume from your post that you are fading, which means that you are still a jw,
    though inactive. I am certain that the congregation can hold on to your records
    unless you officially leave, by disassociation/disfellowshipping.

If you don't want to do that, I would just continue your fade and not worry unduly
    about your records. As for faking a move to another congregation, the secretary
    would send your records on to the new congregation if you indicated you wish
    to move, but they would still be held by the org.

• emilyblue
    emilyblue

What is a publisher card? What other records with personal information about you do they have? Sorry for my question; I'm not a Witness but was thinking about it until recently just to keep the peace with my then-boyfriend. I'm very curious what kind of records they keep on people. I've heard my ex talk about "getting his card sent" from his old hall to his new one, and he's been waiting on it for about 2 months now.

• carla
    carla

What kind of record do they keep? from a non jw point of view I consider them similar to the type of records the Gestapo may have kept on people. I could be wrong though.

• horrible life
    horrible life

What about getting a PO Box at one of those mail drop offs. You could probably get one by mail, for a price. Give your sec. a self addressed stamped envelope with this address, and doll it up with Kingdom Hall of JW, c/o Bro. -------------------------- with the PO box address on it. Put your name on the bottom left corner, so it looks like this will get the brothers attention.

OR

You could have it sent to Bro. Theo Cratic PO Box 666 Satans Kingdom, NY.

• Frequent_Fader_Miles
    Frequent_Fader_Miles

Unfortunately, I doubt you'd be able to get a hold of your publisher records. They stopped doing that a long time ago, perhaps because many people just "disappeared" after that (lucky devils!) If you're attempting to fade, just fade. Whatever problems come up in the interim, you can just deal with them. I attended my last meeting in 2001 ... so far so good. Haven't had any bothersome visits to "chat" or give "encouragement". Of course not answering the door when you aren't expecting anyone helps a great deal.

• Mad
    Mad

Bwahahahaha! The Dramatics!

Your "Publisher's Card" is a harmless record for if you go to the hall...

There is NO danger! They will quickly forget about you.

the Mad JW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit