Why would God...

by Crooked Lumpy Vessel 36 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Crooked Lumpy Vessel
    Crooked Lumpy Vessel

Put us on this planet...giving us life with all its beauty. Flowers, children, relationships, clouds, trees, kittens...Then

Tell us we are imperfect human beings and that there are invisible evil forces and demonic influences that are much greater and stronger than we are trying to sway us in the wrong direction. That we are suppose to follow and believe in a doctrine based on writings of men assumed to have been inspired by God with no real visible proof. But have a 'ring of truth' only to those predisposed to hear it...and that if we fail to recognize these invisible forces we are doomed to death for all eternity? Why would he set up people for failure. Why not just show himself or his legion of angels so that we can dicuss our concerns and problems and obtain a real relationship through conversation and visual proofs of his realm?

What's your thoughts?

• The Dragon
    The Dragon

I wish I had an answer for that great question.

I hope and pray we all get that question answered someday.....

• zeroday
    zeroday

I wish I had an answer for that great question. I hope and pray we all get that question answered someday.....

Answer: http://www.400monkeys.com/God/

• The Dragon
    The Dragon

If you were not from Tennesee I would accept that as an undisputable answer. lol

• zeroday
    zeroday
    If you were not from Tennesee I would accept that as an undisputable answer. lol

HEY, I resemble that remark...

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

Answer:

Because religion is a smile on a dog.

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

If you have to ask questions that don't seem to have answers, maybe it's a sign that a premise is wrong?

After I dropped the idea of a god, the world made total sense. If there was a loving god with intentions for man, then the state of the world, human history, weather -- they are all huge question marks. But with no god in the picture, everything looks pretty much as I would expect it to.

If it doesn't walk like a duck, doesn't quack like a duck, doesn't swim like a duck, then I think you have to begin to entertain the possibility that it isn't a duck.

Dave

• Narkissos
    Narkissos
    life with all its beauty. Flowers, children, relationships, clouds, trees, kittens...

... and struggle, and suffering, and death.

As long as we are not ready to accept the whole picture (instead of just the "bright" side) we are in for every goofy "explanation" religion and human culture at large can offer. Inasmuch as we do accept it we are, in fact, free. And there is still much room for amazement and gratitude (even if ultimately to the no-thing we may indifferently can call "God" or "chance") if we do.

• daystar
    daystar

The answer I've found is that God didn't "put us on this planet".

Holy books are, for the most part, attempts at finding meaning in life. Much like very primitive man might decide that the sun is some sort of being chasing the moon across our sky, they should not be considered literally, but metaphorically.

One might also consider who stands to gain by insisting that we are imperfect and must do certain things to gain perfection, or make it into some idyllic world, or a heaven...

• andyviw
    andyviw

Read roms. the first chapter, there it is explained that God and his qualities are clearly seen by all those things you mentioned and it is inexcusable

to deny deny his existence.Let me tell you the demons well know what he looks like and so does satan but this dosnt help them to serve him today.

They knew him long ago and turn to selfishness which is at the root of the problem. God gave the angles and man a free will so that are love would be pure not robotic just seeing God is not the answer or there would never have been a turning away.Heb. States that without faith it is impossible to please God well for those who approch him must believe that he is and that he is the rewarder of those who seek him.He has already proven he exist

their something left for you to do.But dont look for the answers amoung the world or its spokesmen for they are in darkness.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit