It is done...Meet with Elders tomorrow

by Sacchiel 10 Replies latest jw friends

• Sacchiel
    Sacchiel

The time has come. I shared with my Mom the wondrous hope that is Jesus. With my toungue I confessed Jesus is my Lord to the glory of God the Father. Also, that salvation is found in Christ only. With tears in our eyes we talked, yet I won't know until tomorrow how she really feels.

I am going to be talking to the Elders since they know something's up with me. Perhaps because I call God my Father instead of Jehovah.

Please keep me and my family in your prayers. I will share the gospel, for I've no shame in my Lord!

God bless you

• bubble
    bubble

Good luck.

• brinjen
    brinjen

Good luck with the firing squad elders

• skeptic1914
    skeptic1914

Happy to see someone who has not just seen the Borg for what it is but has come to the Lord Jesus Christ!

You are in good hands. (Rom.8:31-38)

Skeptic1914

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

I'm not sure about your beliefs friend. But I have great respect for your conviction and courage. If things really are as you perceive them to be, you are most blessed. My best wishes for you. Put in a good word for me with Jesus. I'm NOT being insincere!

Much love to you Sacchiel,

Nvr

• buffalosrfree
    buffalosrfree

Please realize that talking (reasoning) with the elders is like talking to the wall nothing will get done. they won't see things your way, they are blind men led by a blind org. good luck tho.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

I share your belief and honor your courage. Hope all goes as well as can be expected, my Brother. Rest assured, the elders will not understand anyone turning to Jesus. They will focus on your loyalty to the corporated structure. I hope your Mom is unconditional in her love for you. Jeff

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

Praise the Lord! At least you're outta the fire and into the frying pan. Sorry, religion is a zero for me these days. Hey, if you're happy, more power to you.

Knock, knock, knocking on heaven's door.

W.Once

• reneeisorym
    reneeisorym

It is quite wonderful to see you have found life in Christ. I was in your shoes a Jan '06. You will face rejection but remember that people usually do not accept Christ the first time they hear. If they to come to faith, it could very well be that you are just one of the things God is going to use to get to them. Keep up the path you are on and you will definately be happy. If you ever need someone to help you regain strength in the future, look me up and send me a PM.

• penny2
    penny2

Dear Sacchiel

No matter what path we take after leaving the WTS, the prospect of losing family is distressing. I hope your mum finds it in her heart to accept you with your new belief. Even if she doesn't at first, don't lose hope.

As for the elders, you may be lucky but mostly they are an unloving bunch.

Love

penny2

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit