What Expressions, Words or Beliefs Are Clearly JW?

by minimus 46 Replies latest jw friends

• White Dove
    White Dove

'The KM school is the best one you can inroll in.'

OMGROFLMAO! Yes, I remember that one!

• minimus
    minimus

Why can't you celebrate your birthday?

Because in the Bible, the only 2 occurences of birthdays involved murders and besides, Jesus never celebrated his birthday because he wasn't a pagan.

• Threestars
    Threestars

Undeserved kindness (Does anyone know why JWs don't use the word "grace"?)

Oh yes, a pet peeve of mine. I think it's because the word "grace" is so beautiful and postive and the term "undeserved kindness" is negative, and just keeps the R&F in line by insinuating that they are worthless and "undeserving" pieces of $**t.

"Stumbled" as in "Be careful not to stumble someone with that behavior." Used to REALLY irritate me to hear that one.

"The Brothers" Once my Dad came over and was saying how he had just been to the other side of the city to talk with some "brothers". After he left my non JW spouse looked really puzzled and wanted to know why my Dad had been visiting some black guys...

• themonster123
    themonster123

You all are good- I like this forum.

Here are some more:

Jane: "Oh, my cousin's coming down for the weekend."

Joe: "OH cool, is he in the Truth?"

Okay, now that I'm out of the Truth (lol), i friekin' HATE that Witnesses call it "the truth." Whenever I was in the Truth (lol, I'm just gonna keep saying it...), it always bothered me in my head b/c what if it's *dum* *dum* *dum* NOT "The Truth?" by calling it the truth 24/7, it presupposes that it IS the Truth, so it's another mind-control thing. THey tell you what it is ("the truth") before you even have a chance to think if it IS The truth or not! Ah!!!

Okay, getting off topic, here are some more...

wholesome recreation. kingdom hall. yeah, "meetings." "sister/brother." Great cloud of Witnesses. Narrow road vs. Broad and spacious road.

also..

"Demons" not ghosts. "kingdom hall" not church "meetings" not services. And..."Service" means field service, not church services-lol. "Jehovah or God" never Lord.

• minimus
    minimus

"The Brotherhood"----Is that the Aryan one?

"The Friends"-----The Mormons??

"The Organization"-----like the Costa Nostra? The CIA?

"The Society"......Like Lyndon Johnson's??

"The Governing Body".....as in the Pope and Cardinals??

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

Sad to say, However, Only Those Baptized, Tacking to The Wind, Near, Soon, Very Near, Very Soon, Closer Than You Think, Nows The Time to Preach God's Word, Nows theTime The Truth Be Heard, Old Truth, Present Truth, New Truth.Brother So and So, Sister So and So.

Blueblades

• minimus
    minimus

We had a CO that always said, "as it were". WTF does that really mean????

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit