1.5 million letters

by proplog2 10 Replies latest jw friends

• proplog2
    proplog2

That's about how many key strokes I've entered posting close to 2000 times.

That comes to almost 900 full type written pages.

I type around 150 characters per minute so just the job of typing my posts took me about 165 hours. That comes to 30 minutes of typing per week for the last 6 years.

Of course there is "thinking" time connected to the process which would probably bring it to at least 2 hrs. per week thinking and typing. I would guess I spend another 3 hours reading other posts per week.

Total estimated time on this forum about 5 hours per week.

Is this another consequence of spending 55 years attending meetings, assemblies, personal study, field service, talk preparation.

Is this throwing good time after bad? Could I have written a couple of books in the last 6 years? Or maybe an extra hour of sleep?

And I'm not even a heavy poster on this forum.

Do we all appreciate the combined investment of all the posters on this forum?

Could you even put a dollar value on the time and labor let alone content?

I hate to tell you how much time it took to figure this out.

Copy and paste a substantial sample of your archives and run a word count in your word processor. What do YOU come up with?

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

I would say every letter typed for me, however many it comes to, is worth the sanity I have now.

purps

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

I've got almost exactly the same number of posts as you proplog2, and I've only been posting for about ten weeks. LMAO! Many have probably wondered if I have a life or a job. I have both. Ironically, as some who've gotten to know me better are aware of. I'm rather computer illiterate and used to spend little time on the comp. But as purps mentions, posting gives us sanity. It's been great therapy for me. And I think that perhaps one tiny, insignificant post may resonate with a forum member or a lurker. If I can help even one person in the way I've been helped and enriched by my time on JWD, all the time "wasted" will be worth it.

Nvrgnbk

• proplog2
    proplog2

I tend to think that the time I have spent on this forum probably would have been wasted on TV.

I would be interested in hearing from Simon, just how much memory the archives take up.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Got to agree with Purps..This board has helped un-scramble alot of brains...OUTLAW

• compound complex
    compound complex

Dear Proplog,

All of the above. We need to communicate, and as I come from a long line of letter writers, I find JWD a perfect venue. Freedom of speech certainly does not come as easily nor as readily in the company of our JW friends and family. Your time has not been wasted - as noted, one poster's comments can turn our world around beneficially.

CoCo

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC
    I type around 150 characters per minute so just the job of typing my posts took me about 165 hours. That comes to 30 minutes of typing per week for the last 6 years

Thats why I mostly just cut and paste.

• binadub
    binadub

Hey Proplog2:

And you're not counting all the stuff posted to H2O some years ago.
    THOSE were the days!!!

I drop by here occasionally just to see what's happenin'.
    See very few familiar names.
    Yours is one.

How'r things with you, Proplog2?

~Ros (aka "binadub" here)

• compound complex
    compound complex

The pen is mightier than the sword. Well, in this case the keyboard!

There are so many things to do with our life and our time, but my thinking and lifetime goals have changed so radically in the last year. Why? Because of correct information, not any so-called truth.
    Echoing sentiments similar to those already expressed in this thread, Kerry Louderback-Wood stated in her work on JWs and the tort of misrepresentation, that saving the life of ONE child [from the WT's blood policy] would validate all her work. That potentially life-saving work is wrapped up in all her painstaking research and in hours spent compiling thousands of words [no, I haven't counted them!] into her earth-shaking publication.
    I've given enough time to futile endeavors; combatting mind-control, in my own small way, is where I'm at now. I daresay this is true of many of us members of JWD.

CoCo

• Honesty
    Honesty

If it helps just one person escape the Watchtower cult from hell it was all worth it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit