reasoning

by BR25 29 Replies latest watchtower bible

• BR25
    BR25

I read most of the posts on here and I was just trying to get an understanding on certain topics. I read some peoples material and why they dont believe in the jw faith. I understand that some people left the jw faith and some people on here may never have been jws or believed in it, so I understand why you post and give info back and forth, but I have trouble understanding some of the disfellowshipped ones on here. NOTE: I am not speaking of all disfellowshipped ones.

To be disfellowshipped most of the time it is for something that even a non jw would not think is right, but I feel that some come on here for an outlet or try to find some relief of being disfellowshipped, whereas if you just left the congregation and was not disfellowshipped you might not even care to come on here.

My point is most people dont just wake up the next day after being disfellowshipped and automatically stop believing in the jw faith, but then they come on here and try to make it ok, and everyone makes it ok for them which is alright. You can do what you want, but I think alot of disfellowshipped ones come on here to grant themselves some kind of immunity. Like I said before you just dont wake up the next day and stop believing.

To be disfellowshipped you probably did something that there is not a good excuse for what you did. So then you feel guilty and you come on here looking for answers then everyone gives you all these logical reasons you are looking for. Its predetermined kinda like lawyers and then you start believing, which is fine, but then you start blasting the jw faith with all the hatred you got built up in you, and for what I ask, because most of you did something you shouldnt even done if you wasnt apart of the congregration. Most of you dont know what is said on here, what scriptures or info is on here, but when you find out, your posts turn into I am glad I am out, I always knew that it was a false religion, and so forth. This is total BS in my opinion, most of you probably dont know or think these things till you come on here, and some of you would never come on here if you did nothing wrong and you know it.

NOTE: once again this is not directed at all disfellowshipped ones. Those ones who ponder what I said for a minute are probably the ones I am referring to.

• zeroday
    zeroday
    To be disfellowshipped most of the time it is for something that even a non jw would not think is right,

How about being disfellowshipped for:

Receiving a blood transfusion

Giving blood

Working out at a YMCA

Questioning anything the GB says

Going to another Church

Would a nonJW consider these things "not right".

• BR25
    BR25

That is why I said most of the time. I did not say all of the time.

• zeroday
    zeroday

How about if a JW husband (rank and file) commits adultry and is disfellowshipped and an Elder commits adultry and is not disfellwshipped.

Or an Elders daughter gets pregant out of wedlock and is not disfellowshipped and a daughter of a R&F gets pregant and is disfellowshipped.

Or an Elders son is caught in a homosexual act and is not disfellowshipped and a R&F's son is and is disfellowshipped...

And if you don't think this happens think again it happens everyday...

Would you be angry...

• BR25
    BR25

Look I said I was talking to most disfellowedshipped ones who come on here who know they done wrong. I know some of you have experiences that arent the greatest that is why I said this was not directed towards everyone.

Also there are bad people among all religions and there are crooks in every religion.

• zeroday
    zeroday
    Look I said I was talking to most disfellowedshipped ones who come on here who know they done wrong.

And these are some of the reasons they are angry and come here to vent. Hypocricy is a bitter pill to swallow...

• BR25
    BR25

What I am saying is that I believe some people come on here for the wrong reasons, and they never were disfellowshipped they would probably not waste their time to come on here. I just dont get how people come on here and all of a sudden they know everything and know all the lies and so forth, because most disfellowshipped ones dont know that till after the fact of listening to people on here.

• zagor
    zagor

Perhaps the question should be asked whether WTB Society has moral authority to impose harsh restrictions and subsequent penalties on R&F while leaving those in it's echelons of power immune from the same prosecution for leaving thousands into their deaths on premise of false teaching that are taught like gospel only to be changed few years down the track.

“Fallacious and misleading arguments are most easily detected if set out in correct syllogistic form” Immanuel Kant

• Arthur
    Arthur
    Most of you dont know what is said on here, what scriptures or info is on here, but when you find out, your posts turn into I am glad I am out, I always knew that it was a false religion, and so forth. This is total BS in my opinion, most of you probably dont know or think these things till you come on here, and some of you would never come on here if you did nothing wrong and you know it.

I would be inclined to cut these people some slack. Personally, I am not DF'd but have corresponded with many of them on this site. In my 30 years as a JW, I have observed that the legalistic atmosphere within the organization has prevented many JWs from developing a personal relationship with God and Jesus Christ. JWs have more of a Watchtower trained conscience than they do a Bible trained conscience. The organization's placing itself in the role of mediator as well as enforcing a treadmill of "works", and countless rules and policies has prevented many JWs from developing a love for goodness and Christian conduct that was able to flourish in the first century.

This does not release individual JWs from personal accountability. But, there is no doubt that the organization has inculcated a very twisted concept of Christianity and God into people which has hindered them from becoming truly spiritual people. For this; the organizational leadership bears a great deal of responsibility.

I really don't think that it matters why a person was driven to this site. Often, a person who was disfellowshipped for fornication for example; is able to come here and discover information which helps them to see where their devotion to an organization and a body of men was seriously in error. Often, they are able to put many pieces of the puzzle together that can help them to actually redevelop a personal realationship with God and His son Jesus Christ. I have observed that many former JWs who had been DFd for wrongdoing are often helped into developing a much deeper relationship with God and a Bible trained conscience that was not possible in the Watchtower organization. Had they never visited this site, they may have never discovered the resources to help them onto that path.

I don't give a rip if a person was disfellowshipped for rejecting the 1914 doctrine; or for having gang-bangs with midget circus clowns. If they come here, they can surely be helped. They can find the tools and resources to recover and move on from the baggage that they carry from a cultic religion.

I seriously doubt that getting up on a soap box and talking down to them will make them bow their heads and say "oh, yes you're right; I was wrong". More often, it will turn into a thread where arguments errupt. I would say that it is best just to let these individuals vent; while helping them where we can. Very often, they will see their misteps through time and personal reflection. If not, that is on them.

From my time on this forum; there is one thing that I have seen over and over. Threads which attempt to "wag the finger" at various posters or groups of posters just doesn't fly. As graftifying as it might seem, it just doesn't work here. Posters who indulge in moralistic speeches which marginalize various posters usually don't last long on this forum. Discussions are great. But, attempts to somehow reform others on the forum will result in nothing but frustration.

• zagor
    zagor

In my experience of meeting quite a few of those disfellowshipped for "immorality" was that in 99% were driven to that out of desperation and disillusionment with their current life as JW which didn't add any value to their existence. For many that was a cry of freedom, a desperate act to regain control over their lives. Most of them are now in very stable relationships with someone who supports them and has more in common with them than color of their watchtower marker.

And this is from someone who left "organization" because of apparent deliberate mind-dulling and not "immorality".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit