Any Oldtimers from Bethel in the 1960s??

by Gretchen956 8 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956

Anyone old enough to have been in Bethel during the 60s and early 70s? In my family I have an uncle that was there then, we were always told he was higher up, but that could have been that he was a supervisor or almost anything, who knows. At any rate, when I was younger he went "apostate," and left Bethel and the witnesses in some splashy manner. This was a big HUGE deal in my family and split up family reunions among those who bucked the system and talked to him and my parents, who generally weren't that "strong" and yet vehemently refused even to set eyes on him or his family.

Well I have no idea where he is or why he left, but of course now that I've been out I wonder about his story.

So.... anyone heard of a gentleman by the name of Fred (Freddie) Bealer?

Thanks,

Sherry

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

Gretchen,

Hope you find him and get the story

purps

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

My Dad was there in the 60's. I was in the 90's.

I'll see if I can get some info out of him. Kinda doubtful though.

Good luck!

Nvr

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956

Thanks, I know he was in the Omaha Nebraska area for awhile but I don't know if that was before or after he left.

Sherry

• gymbob
    gymbob

I was there from 76' thru 79'...does that make me an oldtimer??

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956

Well, gymbob your my age so I can't very well say your an old timer, can I?

Sherry

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

I would also like to find someone who might have been at Bethel or Gilead in the early '60s, who might know about the Thai girl who came to be trained in Gilead but who had a nervous breakdown (and killed herself on the trip back home).

• gaiagirl
    gaiagirl

Gymbob, did you know either Tim Sparck or Bruce Dozier, both from Corpus Christi, Texas, who were there during your time? After they returned home, they were in congregations I attended. When I was young, they were viewed by many in the congregation as just a step lower than angels because they had "served at Bethel".

• wunce_wuz
    wunce_wuz

Gymbob, did you know either Tim Sparck or Bruce Dozier, both from Corpus Christi, Texas, who were there during your time? After they returned home, they were in congregations I attended. When I was young, they were viewed by many in the congregation as just a step lower than angels because they had "served at Bethel". I was there last half of 70's. The name Bruce Dozier is familiar. You happen to recall where he worked?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit