Favorite Classical Music Piece?

by El Kabong 40 Replies latest jw friends

• El Kabong
    El Kabong

I'm kind of partial to Strauss....Listening to "Tales from the Vienna Woods" now......(with images of Bugs Bunny cartoons in my head).....What are your favorite classical pieces?

• asleif_dufansdottir
    asleif_dufansdottir

Piano: Debussy - Submerged Cathedral

Brass: Copeland - Fanfare for the Common Man or maybe one of John Williams' Olympics fanfares...

Orchestral: Oh god, I can't pick...

• restrangled
    restrangled

There are so many....Rachmaninoff, Debussy, Chopin, have pieces that are unforgettable.

How to choose......

r.

• DJK
  • Terry
    Terry

My first exposure to Classical music wasn't very deep, but; it hooked me for life: Ravel's Bolero.

Next, came an introduction to the old warhorse perennials such as the 1812 Overture, Capriccio Italian and Fountains of Rome.

As I entered puberty the minor key melodies set me on fire: Rachmaninoff's Piano Concertos, Brahms 1st and 3rd and Tristan and Isolde.

As I matured I moved to Gabriel Faure' and Hindemuth and Bela Bartok.

Now, as a fully matured gentleman with lots of living under my belt I am completely taken with all things Claus Ogermann, almost any chamber music and Prokofiev.

There is a fellow from Canada called the French Canadian Mozart, named Andre' Gagnon. I adore his very light melodicism.

All time favorite: VOCALISE by Rachmaninoff

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

wow I dont like posting after Terry!!!

Here is a nice piece I was listening to earlier.

Just wanted to share, lame I know. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DkP-PnIZ_MI

Summer of '42 - Michael Legrand (1971)

favorite composer is Mozart

.......I have most of his symphonies on another computer.

• HAL9000
    HAL9000

1. Strauss - Blue Danube (with images of space travel)

2. Beethoven - Symphonies esp 9

3. Greig - Piano Concerto #1

• Carmel
    Carmel

I'm with Terry! Bolero caught my imagination in a art class in college and got me hooked! carmel

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Chopin for me too. It's difficult to narrow it down to just one piece.

Nvr

• nowisee
    nowisee

beethoven's 9th

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit