Scatty

by Xena 17 Replies latest jw friends

• juni
    juni

Hi Xena!

Before I was married, I was such a ditz at work. Could hardly remember my name and I was 18 at the time. Bosses made fun of me which made it worse.

It'll pass shortly; you just have a lot on your mind.

Hugs, Juni

• ninja
    ninja

dont worry Xena...you can still pull out....wish I'd listened to that advice...3 kids later

• kid-A
    kid-A

I thought this was a thread about Scatman Crothers?.....

• codeblue
    codeblue

Stress can do a lot to you...even if it is the good stress of marrying a guy you really love. You have a lot to do I would imagine, more then the usual bride because you will be living in Scotland? I couldn't fathom moving to another country on top of a wedding!!! You have a lot to do before your big day!!!

Are you getting enough sleep? Taking your vitamins......sorry I am sounding like your Mom...lol

Sleep is like gold and for me helps me not to be scattered.

Looking forward to seeing you and Littletoe at the crawfest...........yahoooooo and maybe the eve at Hemplover's for if I can talk NOdenial into driving out that night. We are a good hour drive away from where she lives.

Wishing you a "very happy and beautiful wedding"

hugs,

Codeblue

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

Xena, I know how you are feeling. I too am experiencing moments where I completely forget what I was looking for or where my glasses and keys and when I am conversing with someone, I suddenly forget what I was talking about,

I find it a tat scarry because I always in the past had great recall. I could look at a number and then visualize in my mind and when I needed to recall it I could see it clearly in my brain. But that is even getting bad.

I am concerned on account of the 4 whiplashes and neck, back shoulder pain. I have constant headaches, sometimes they last for many long hours most all day long and in order to fall asleep at night I put on my CD player and then my favourite soft music and then place ice packs on my neck and skull, it is enough to cause the headaches to slow up long enough that I can finally fall asleep, It is almost like anesthesic and then I drift off to sleep. It is not good and as I s aid it really is becoming a major concern for me. I have had dyslexia all my life but some days its worse than other days and I am also left handed and I feel like an idiot when I am trying to recall which way is left and what is right. I have to recollect my writing hand and then I comes to me.

I know that doctors say people that are left handed and have dyslexia is a bad combination. So when I am out on my scooter I try and recall my turns.

I am even forgetting telephone numbers that I have known for years and years. I know it may seem trivial to some but when it starts happening to you you begin to worry. I am hoping with the MRI coming up on May 22 will shed some light on what is going on in my skull and spinal cord. Plese pray for me or if you don't prefer prayers, always sending good thoughts are helpful and greatly appreciated.

I will make it a matter of prayer too for all others suffering with any form of illness and if you would like I can add you to our prayer list at church and I will make it a matter of my prayers at the altar. Just send my a private post and I will be happy to do this for anyone of you. may God bless all

love Orangefatcat

• Madame Quixote
    Madame Quixote

Just have anoyather dreink, hun, that's what gets rid of all my scattiness.I'll be proud to die sober. In the meantiem, i"m jest prowd.

• Xena
    Xena

lol @ ninja & free2think stop trying to scare me about scotland

short term = brain fart

longer term = aging

permanent = senility

Here's to wishing for short term!!

Ladies don't have brain farts we have brain puffs. I'm hoping it isn't aging yet but unfortunately I'm not getting any younger.

I didn't think I was stressing that much with the wedding stuff but I guess adding to that the end of school things and my daughter has a lot of dance stuff going on right now it's just all piling up on me. Hopefully once I get thru this month I'll be a bit more focused. Fortunately my boss is also my maid of honor so she has to be understanding (smart choice, eh?).

Needles in my head...I think I'll pass for the moment Odrade, but thank you for the suggestion.

I find it a tat scarry because I always in the past had great recall. I could look at a number and then visualize in my mind and when I needed to recall it I could see it clearly in my brain. But that is even getting bad.

I find it a bit scarry as well. You wonder if you are totally losing it or if it is just a temporary thing.

I feel like an idiot when I am trying to recall which way is left and what is right.

I'm like that and I'm not left handed. I just have absolutely no sense of direction in any way, shape or form. I shutter to think of how I will manage having to drive on the left hand side of the road. Ross is going to have to put signs all over the car "THIS SIDE IS LEFT"

I hope things work out for you OFC and it's good to see you posting!

Madame Quixote my bachlorette party is tonight so I will take your words under full consideration.

lol I wondered after I posted "scatty" how many people would wonder what I ment. It's good to know I'm not going crazy but other people have the same reaction sometimes to stress.

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

Ah honey! You will be fine! Every bride gets a little ditsy before the wedding. And its all going to go beautifully. Breathe and think calm thoughts!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit