Has the organisation the biblical right to judge its members?

by Marcel 15 Replies latest watchtower bible

• concerned x
    concerned x

If interested in a study which discusses this very subject, email me @ [email protected] and request Eccesiastical Authority and JW's

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

They argue the elders are "under-judges" in Jesus right hnad and so have the right

• unbaptized
    unbaptized

Marcel,

I feel that the organization is here to do God's will. I do not believe that everything they say is correct or from God. We all have our flaws. Just like the first organization Ancient Israel, they killed the Messiah. They were entrusted with the Holy writings and they had a personal relationship with God. They still sinned and lost favor with God. So I believe this organization is directed by God, but everyone that calls himself a brother isn't really a brother.

• Doug Mason
    Doug Mason

The True Church of Christ is made up of members of any faith and of none. It is an invisible organization, and only God can remove a member from it. It is made up of people who have a personal relationship with their God.

An organized religion can cast a person from its membership, but they cannot cast that person from God.

Organized religions remove dissenters to protect their own rule.

Doctrine is not our savior. Even though I have all faith and I have all knowledge but do not have agape, I am nothing. That's what matters.

Jesus told his followers to leave the separation of the weeds from the wheat to God. They should grow together until God plucks them out.

Doug

• The Dragon
    The Dragon

They do until we or someone else can prove otherwise...that would be the same as taking away that authority from them.

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

Don't make the error of presumming the collection of writings titled "The Bible" presents a single viewpoint of subjects such as these. On most any topic there are texts pro and con. The only way to retain unity of opinion is to introduce an authoritarian interpretor, a council, a governing body, whatever you call it, to filter it and shape it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit