1919 Appointment

by garybuss 24 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• garybuss
    garybuss

When Jesus appointed the Watch Tower Corporation as his only channel on earth in 1919, what did he appoint?
    Did he appoint the people? They're all dead now.
    Did he appoint the printing equipment? That's been replaced.
    Did he appoint the buildings? They've been sold and replaced.

What real thing that still exists today did Jesus appoint?

:-)

• Bonnie_Clyde
    Bonnie_Clyde

Gary - you need to go to the elders for a spiritual answer.

• garybuss
    garybuss

The last two elders I talked to both ran away. I feel very rejected. I wish they'd come back.

• MadTiger
    MadTiger

He appointed the belief system.

No, wait, it's undergone some, ah, changes.

• Ancientofdays
    Ancientofdays

What real thing that still exists today did Jesus appoint?

He did appoint the Brooklyn area in NY ...

• Honesty
    Honesty

Weren't you paying attention at the meetings?

Everyone knows he appointed the Faithful Discreet Slave.

They talk about them more than they mention Jesus because they are the Faithful Discreet Slave.

• UnConfused
    UnConfused

Yes, and the observantly realized they were appointed in 1919 by 1929. Yes only 10 short years later did they realize they had been appointed and published such in the WT. One might think Jehovah/Jesus would have made the HUGE event more evident to them.

• Pahpa
    Pahpa

Someone should have told Rutherford that there was a FDS appointed by God in 1919. He ruled the organization as a tyrant and allowed no disagreement with his opinions and rules while he was at the helm. The only reason he identified the FDS as a "class" was to take the title away from Russell.

• garybuss
    garybuss

Now the Faithful and Discreet Slave, aka, "anointed" = spiritually weak persons not as spiritual as the microphone boy, with no special insight.

It seems like the only "beliefs" to survive have been the "dis-beliefs". . . dis-belief in hell, dis-belief in soul life, and dis-belief in trinity. That's a sad legacy that says just dis-beliefs survive.

• moshe
    moshe

Since I was a boy I have heard it said that God works in mysterious ways. Maybe weird is a better word to use.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit