Even if everything about the "truth" was all true...........

by pontoon 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• pontoon
    pontoon
    I will say that one of the most distasteful teachings for me is the idea of praising, thanking, worshiping, god EVERY day for all eternity. What kind of ego needs that? Like if I ever saved a person's life I would say buy me a bottle of scotch and we'll call it even. Probably one of the beliefs that caused me to never buy in 100% as much as I tried at times.
  • freemindfade
    freemindfade
    Agreed, something they will never even think about (jws). The idea of "love me or else" but they too practice it in a way. My family has done the most detestable things to me these last two weeks for only expressing the need to think rational and they tool what I said all the way to me preaching atheism. Because for me to think different than them is the greatest insult. You insult our God. You insult us. Same proud bull $hit
  • JamesThomas
    JamesThomas

Perhaps the root of what you are saying is that the worshipers of the Bible deity/God, are far, far more moral, wise, kind and compassionate than the repugnant idea of "God" to which they pay homage.

We have eyes, but can not see.

Forgive us for we know not what we do.

• stuckinarut2
  • stuckinarut2
  • pontoon
    pontoon
    What???? It's not that complicated. Just don't want to be thanking any god everyday of my life or for that matter every time I have I bit to eat for all eternity. Simple.
  • brandnew
    brandnew
    @pontoon......exactly.....its like...create something thats gonna be eternally endebted to you, cuz you created it.
  • backformore
    backformore

I have saved lives. I was told good job by coworkers and got a paycheck which was good enough for me.

\nurse

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe
    I will say that one of the most distasteful teachings for me is the idea of praising, thanking, worshiping, god EVERY day for all eternity. What kind of ego needs that? Like if I ever saved a person's life I would say buy me a bottle of scotch and we'll call it even. Probably one of the beliefs that caused me to never buy in 100% as much as I tried at times.

Agreed pontoon. We create gods in our own image. I was raised in the religion so I knew about the need to appease important people - at least they thought they were important LOL. So for quite a while it seemed natural that god was the same.

It's funny but now, to my mind, the more people believe a god should be bowed down to and kept happy with worship the more they act like apes with the instinct to keep that great big 'silverback' happy. After all he could kill you.

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

Who'd want to live forever in a so called 'paradise' built on the blood, bones and broken dreams of eight billion holocaust victims?

No thanks.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit