Family About to Disown Me

by Moridin 46 Replies latest jw friends

• Moridin
    Moridin

Well I finally got the guts to tell my mother that I had enlisted in the Army. She didn't say a whole lot to me, but she did tell my sister she was calling the elders and that when I was df'd she would have nothing to do with me. I can't say that it suprises me too much, but I was hoping for more of an adult reaction. Any way I'm supposed to leave in January for basic training and am going into the Military Police.

• MrMoe
    MrMoe

Be proud of yourself - you made a tremendous step for yourself and your country. And remember - your family may disown you, but you should never disown them. Write letters and stay in touch - hopefully someday what you say or how you act will show them whta the JW's really are.

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Moridin,

Rather than fall foul of Government, Law and public opinion the WTS does not DF a person who choses to join the military. They judge that you have DA'd yourself ( if you are baptised )by your action. They will make a brief announcment at the KH and your 'friends' and family will be encouraged to treat you as DF.

Disassociation is disfellowshipping without a judicial comittee. You will find it alluded to in Jaracsz 2:10.

Best regards - HS

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

I'm sure this situation has been difficult for you. I wish you the best, and I salute you for your service to our country. Now it is time for you to look ahead to new experiences, new friends and a whole new world (a real one, not a Watchtower illustration).

Where will you stay until January? Are you already living on your own?

• Moridin
    Moridin

I'm actually living on my own, well with my wife and child actually. I'm 24 and have a 4 year old daughter. My wife and child will be staying here until I get based. I appreciate all of the comments and hope I can do my best for our country.

• NameWithheld
    NameWithheld

Hats off to you Mordin, quite a sacrifice to join now with what is happening, especially considering the fact you have a familiy. Too bad there aren't more like you in this country. Thanks!

• Escargot
    Escargot

Well, they can’t DF you! Uncle Sam would do a big number on the WTBTS

Erasmus (1520 AD): "If we want truth, every person ought to be free to speak what they think without fear."

• Preston
    Preston

First of all, many praises to you Morden for supporting and protecting our nations freedoms from outside threats! All I can think of is the irony of it all: You're going out in military service to protect religious freedom here in the United States, and JW's dislike you for it. One of these days your mother will realize how beneficial your actions are in context.

• Tina
    Tina

(((((((((Moridin)))))))))))
    Wishing you the best in your military career! I know it's not an easy decision to make in view of the current situation.
    I support you in your decision. I too,was the Mom of a soldier(and may be again)
    I am proud of you son! I wish you love,safety thru your career,and of course,success always. I will send you my email .Feel free to write me anytime. Believe me you're gonna need to vent during basic lol. It's a whole new world.....with pride and love,Tina

'Boycott Shampoo! Demand the real Poo!

• Farkel
    Farkel

Hillary_Step,

: You will find it alluded to in Jaracsz 2:10.

Now THAT is absolutely hilarious!

Farkel

"When in doubt, duck!"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit