What do you know about buddhism?

by Crumpet 11 Replies latest social family

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

A poster who has chickened out of posting this (naughty girl) is reading a book about Buddhism which says that orgasm is the path to enlightenment? Does anyone know anything about Buddhism? It might be my new religion and then I can stop slating other religious people!

• Brother Apostate
    Brother Apostate

I don't know, buddha appears quite jaded:

I'm reasonably certain, based on his appearance, that food, rather than sex, may have been his "guilty pleasure".

Orgasm good, buddha bad?

BA- Enlightened.

PS- I do know that not having enough orgasms makes one testy, resentful, and focused on only one thing. So, might be onto something.

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

I've studied the eight-fold path, and a number of other things. I have found it interesting to read about, but that is about as far as I have gone with it.

• ninja
    ninja

no buts ...its got to be buddha

• Paralipomenon
    Paralipomenon

From what I've read, if there's one true religion on earth it'd have to be Buddhism.

It puts more focus on improving yourself and let other improve themselves. I'm not much on the spiritual aspect of it since I don't believe in reincarnation, but they are a very tolerant people and you won't find a Buddhist trying to convert you. Each person needs to seek enlightenment themselves or they are doomed to rebirth. Once you hit an enlightened state of spiritual awakening you will advance to a higher lifeform after your death.

Interesting teachings that caution people to avoid vices and be kind and charitable.

• ninja
    ninja

hey he must be doing something right..old buddhy....hes sitting there with his man boobs out...proud as punch... and has got lots of folk thinking he's the bees knees...i'm gonna try that and see how I fare...wish me luck

• poppers
    poppers

There is a branch of Buddhism which uses Tantra techniques. See the following Wikipedia link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vajrayana

• poppers
    poppers

The goal of tantra is to accelerate the attainment of enlightenment that is at one's core reality. It isn't necessary, however, to practice tantric techniques to gain enlightenment, and in fact such practices can delay the enlightened state since they can be easily keep the egoic entity trapped in delusion.

• daystar
  • OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Crumpet..Go to the library and get a few books on the subject..I`ve been into it a long time.....One thing I can tell you about buddha just from looking at the many statues I`ve seen.....He smoked alot of pot(Always has a glazed grin on his face),got the munchies(Look at the size of his gut!)and never did any sit-ups(Look at the size of his gut!)..LOL!!...OUTLAW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit