JWs use 1914 as proof that the devil was cast down, but...

by cultswatter 12 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• cultswatter
    cultswatter

did you know the WTS never announced that the devil was cast down until 1925!! Look at this now will ya

Quote from The book "Babylon the great has fallen -God's kingdom rules"

In its issue of March 1, 1925, TheWatchTower published the leading article entitled "The Birth of The Nation," which was the first announcement that there had been war in heaven after the Gentile Times ended in 1914 and that the Devil and his angels had been cast down to our earth. But this was further called attention to later in the article "The King in Action" in the issue of September 15, 1925. This ousting of the Devil and his angels from heaven had its effect upon the "wild beast" and its kingdom here on earth. All this was forcefully presented in the book entitled "Deliverance," which was released on Friday, May 28, 1926, at the international convention in London, England, after the conventioners adopted a resolution entitled "A Testimony to the Rulers of the World." The sixth proposition of this resolution stated that "by reason of the blinding influence of Satan the minds of the rulers and the ruled are turned away from the true God."

End Quote

Outstanding no??. And to think that the WTS is supposed to be inspired. Why did they not announce that the devil was going to be cast down BEFORE 1914 if they were so prophetic?? Further more the WTS interpretation of the 7 trumpets started in 1922. They claim to have the correct interpretation for the 7 trumpets but were not enlightened about the devil being cast down until 1925 so how could they have been enlightened about the 7 trumpets??

• yaddayadda
    yaddayadda

Interesting. What did Russell believe about when the devil was cast down?

• The Dragon
    The Dragon

He probably didn't look that far into it....sounds like he found better things to do and left all that up to others while he got his freak on...if I heard the story correctly.

• Pahpa
    Pahpa

One has to understand that the teachings of the Watchtower Society were evolving at this early time. Rutherford was introducing new thoughts with regard to the "end" from what Russell had taught. He had to destroy the influence that Russell had among the Bible Students. By making new pronouncements, he was erasing the importance of Russell as "the faithful and discreet slave." However, many who remained faithful to Russell left the organization at the time.

To me it is significant that JWs always point to events that can't be proven to "prove" that the organization has "the truth." Examples: 1914 as the date of Christ's INVISIBLE presence, 1914 as the date of Satan's ouster from heaven. 1919 Date that God selects the Watchtower to represent Him. etc. This is one of the reasons that JWs have to cling to these dates even though no real evidence is forthcoming.

• Hellrider
    Hellrider
    But this was further called attention to later in the article "The King in Action" in the issue of September 15, 1925.

Ah yes, "The King in Action", I believe the sequal was called "Jesus II: Back with a vengeance", and the follow-up to that was "First Blood: Kill Satan". I just love how they like to make the Bible into Hollywood-action...(but I swear I could do it better...)

• proplog2
    proplog2

Are they making this stuff up?

• The Dragon
    The Dragon

So Satan was born in 1914? Who was running the show during the inquisitions, civil wars, revolutions, etc?

Us or satan?

• startingover
    startingover

My grandfather involved himself with the Bible Students in 1910. I recently found a letter he wrote in 1943, in which he made comments about all the changes that had taken place with the religion and he used the word gullible to describe some of the people around him. No wonder 3/4 of the bible students left when Rutherford started his campaign.

• The Dragon
    The Dragon

Imo...anyone who follows another persons guesses they present as facts..and donate their time to and money trying to convince others to buy into it as well.......need to come see me..as I need some wool for a coat next winter.

I am starting a new "movement".....I have been given divine information on exactly what Jimmy Hoffa's last words and thoughts were.

Help me spread the good news, and donate some of your money to me..and obey me..and I will share the truth with you.

lol

• yaddayadda
    yaddayadda

Pahpa you said:

"To me it is significant that JWs always point to events that can't be proven to "prove" that the organization has "the truth." Examples: 1914 as the date of Christ's INVISIBLE presence, 1914 as the date of Satan's ouster from heaven. 1919 Date that God selects the Watchtower to represent Him. etc. This is one of the reasons that JWs have to cling to these dates even though no real evidence is forthcoming."

Not necessarily. The standard JW defense of this is that there is indeed hard, physical proof that they are right. For example, the claim that the so-called 'composite sign' of Christ's invisible presence has been evidenced by the sheer scale of horrors in the 20th century, such as the two most bloodthirsty wars in history (WW1 and WW2).

However, even if their interpretation of a so-called 'composite sign' is correct, it would only mean that Jesus is 'near at the doors' and that we are in the 'season' BEFORE Jesus returns, not that he returned in 1914 and has been invisibly 'present' (his presence known only to JW's) since.

A big trap that JW's fall into in this regard is that they see their own organisation and its tangible accomplishments as proof that they are the true religion. Examples: the JW's refused to go to war in WW2 (so they alone practice 'love among themselves'); JW's preach the 'good news of the kingdom' in over 200 nations (so they alone are fulfilling Matt 24:14); JW's alone are called by Jehovah's name and publish millions of bibles and publications praising that name (so they alone represent the true God, YHWH/Jehovah). But these claims are all debateable and really amount to nothing but circular reasoning.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit