Braindead Sis

by Rex B13 11 Replies latest jw friends

• Rex B13
    Rex B13

Hi Gang,
    I thought you might like to read a relative's reaction when I sent her a url to the Guardian article about the latest example of Watchtower hypocrisy. Enjoy!

"This is just an attempt to make the organization look bad by the media. The brother in the article answered your question. The annual meeting was yesterday and I'm sure you're little "spy" friends probably were there ready to take apart anything that was said. Rick and Tina were there and I am sure I will be getting an email from them soon as to what the meeting discussion was."

(I'd be laughing right here if his was not so pathetic. "Spys" !!!!!, like us. Makes me think of the movie of that name.)

"All this proves to me is that we are living in the last days and that Satan is trying harder than ever to sway us from our beliefs."

(What in the world possesed the Society to join the UN? I suppose that just revealing this information is "Satan at work"? EVERYTHING IS A SIGN OF THE LAST DAYS. AGGGHHHHHHHH)

>The events from September 11th thru today also prove that bible prophecy is happening right before our eyes.

(Where is this event prophecied? Nostradamus? LOL)

>My main objective is to be doing what I need to do along with my husband and children to survive the great tribulation and Armageddon.

(If Christendom is right, sis and family will be riding out the 'trib with no Holy Spirit and no Christians left in the world. Another collossal disapointment that braindead JWs will rationalize and ignore.)

As far as the special assembly day goes, we have one special assembly day every year and then one two day assembly. We had our special assembly day a few weeks ago and the theme was "Subjecting Ourselves to God,,,Oppose the Devil." Nothing about reorganization.

(No more GB and she takes no note; no more "this generation" and she takes no note: no problem with 'alternative service' and she takes no note; allowing of blood products formerly under ban and she takes no note; the WBTS riding the back of the 'scarlet beast' right along with Christendom and she takes no note! What's it gonna take?)

Please don't send me anymore of these articles from any news source or media source.

(Don't open my eyes, just pull the curtain back to cover the Wizard and pretend the emperor has clothes on...)

Most of these sources as I said are only out to sway the way others think about Witnesses. (As they have done in France and other countries for years.) Don't start with all these antagonizing emails like you were doing before. You have made your choice as far as what your religious affiliation goes and I have made mine. You can not change my mind.

(I will stay a JW until until they "pry my cold fingers from my last Watchtower." This is from someone who had seen a special package about JW falsehoods a couple years ago. She then decided to "study" and she got sucked right back in.)

Love,

xxxxxx

(Yeah right. Love translated: "You're my brother but you also are an apostate who wants to take us from Jehovah")
    I gave her a reasonable reply but I really had to bite back to keep anger out of it. This kills me. I am quickly reaching the point where I just think these people want exactly what they are getting. She won't wake up, she'll continue raising her kids to be disfunctional 'dubs and some day when she finds out what's going on they will curse HER as an 'apostate'.
    Rex

• MegaDude
    MegaDude

Rex,

your braindead sis sounds much like my braindead mother. You're not going to make ANY headway with them, even if you had tablets of stone chiseled by God himself that proclaimed "I'm going to destroy the Watchtower." LOL

May I suggest a different tact? Drop all conversation with your sis about religion for a long time. Build a relationship with her on other topics, even if those times when you socialize (even if only by email) are rare. Every great once in a while, ask her a simple question about something the Watchtower is doing wrong, and then drop it. Plant little seeds of doubt and see if anything happens.

It's the patient approach, but I doubt any information you share with your sis is going to shock her into opening her eyes. She has her guard up against you attacking the Society. In time, using this approach, I've been able to share anti-JW literature and views with my mother who is a longtime pioneer. Try it.

"Hope is a good thing... maybe the best of things."
    Andy's letter to Red in the Shawshank Redemption

• openminded
    openminded

Im sorta in the same boat with my folks. They are actually on the liberal side of dubdom but still refuse to put 2 and 2 together. Im still pissed I was not allowed to play sports in high school, go to dances and have a birthday and other holidays with the rest of my extended family. In other words I was not allowed to be myself. I am pretty much at the point to where I dont really even care if we have a relationship. They want things to be normal now that I am out of they're control but that is impossible for me. The bottom line is that I dont trust or respect them. I wish they would just go away.

• Norm
    Norm

Well Rex,

Sorry, but this braindead sis sounds exactly like you when you prattle on about your own superstition. It is really sad that you are unable to see it.

Norm

• Farkel
    Farkel

Greetings Rex,

I have many cyber pals and I still consider you one of them.

I'm not as bad as I am.

Anyway, this comment caught my eye:

: "All this proves to me is that we are living in the last days and that Satan is trying harder than ever to sway us from our beliefs."

The idiocy of this statement is obvious: those words apply to virtually EVERY SINGLE GENERATION THAT EVER EXISTED!

Your poor sister's statement doesn't show "proof" for anything. She is expressing an opinion and opinions are NOT proof. Furthermore, there is not a shred of proof that "Satan" is doing anything, either. (Not to say He isn't, but her statement cannot prove that He is.)

Farkel, who bucks the tide of some of his best friends and still cares a bunch about "Rex."

"When in doubt, duck!"

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Well, she is your sister. What do you expect, logic?

• Rex B13
    Rex B13

>Rex,
    your braindead sis sounds much like my braindead mother. You're not going to make ANY headway with them, even if you had tablets of stone chiseled by God himself that proclaimed "I'm going to destroy the Watchtower." LOL

That is exactly right.

>May I suggest a different tact? Drop all conversation with your sis about religion for a long time. Build a relationship with her on other topics, even if those times when you socialize (even if only by email) are rare. Every great once in a while, ask her a simple question about something the Watchtower is doing wrong, and then drop it. Plant little seeds of doubt and see if anything happens.

Very good advice and that is exactly what I have been doing. All I did this time was send her the url for the Guardian article and the U.N. Web sites for the NGO's. I keep planting but all I seem to hit is rocky soil. ;-)

>It's the patient approach, but I doubt any information you share with your sis is going to shock her into opening her eyes. She has her guard up against you attacking the Society. In time, using this approach, I've been able to share anti-JW literature and views with my mother who is a longtime pioneer. Try it.

Yep, her guard is up against anything negative about her beloved Watchtower. Here is someone who came to her brother (me) for solace when she was DF, she's had three husbands and four children and is only in her mid-thirties.
    I hear what you are saying and will persevere.
    My nephews and neices love me but I know that it's only a matter of time till they adopt 'the attitude', toward their 'apostate' uncle.
    Crap.
    Rex

• MegaDude
    MegaDude

Hang in there, Rex.

I've been working on my mother and brother for five years.
    I've made "progress." I helped two of my sisters leave so I've got that to be grateful for because I'm crazy about them.

• dedalus
    dedalus

Rex,

Sorry if I'm outa line here, but don't you believe, for entirely different reasons, that "we are living in the last days and that Satan is trying harder than ever to sway us from our beliefs."

Just wondering.

Dedalus

• Rex B13
    Rex B13

Hi Dedalus,

>Sorry if I'm outa line here, but don't you believe, for entirely different reasons, that "we are living in the last days and that Satan is trying harder than ever to sway us from our beliefs."
    Just wondering.

Thanks for asking!
    Actually, we have been living in the last days since Jesus ascended. This began the church age and the great trib has always been there. God broke into time and gave us the messiah, our Lord Jesus. The 2nd advent will conclude this age.
    Satan is not "trying any harder", for this is exactly what he lives for. Is this present age, the soon to be tribulation age? As you know, no one can prophecy that one.

Yes, I do know what conclusion you are urging me to draw. The problem to drawing that conclusion is this: I have seen enough of the disimilarities in true Christianity to guage just how perverted the various cults are in their teachings. And, they do all seem to have a inherent genius in their design that makes them effective at picking off human beings in great numbers.
    On one hand you have cults making a mockery of Christ's teachings and on the other hand you have alleged 'intellectuals' scoffing at the exstence of Satan and his horde. Both ways work equally as well.
    Later,
    Rex
    "the best lie is one that has a little truth in it."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit