Went to Mormon Temple today

by pollyana 10 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Double Edge:

This whole post is a BIG CROCK! I ran this by one of my Mormon friends and he just laughed. There is sooooo many holes in your story. The "Prophet" (president of the LDS church) spoke at one of their Temples? He can speak at one of their wards, or in Salt Lake at their Conference center, but to have him publicly speak at one of their temples...doesn't happen. 2. You get a recommend by going through 2 interviews, one with a Bishop who KNOWS you're a member of their church and one with a Stake (diocese) President. Elders can't "get you in". You've been busted BIG TIME.

JW Daughter:

At first I thought it was a crock/major confusion, and knew it when I read the elders let them in. The elders don't have the authority to let them in. I thought (giving benefit of the doubt) it was perhaps just a person who went to a local ward/branch and was confused and wanted to rant about the LDS church, but this person is pretty ignorant about how it works in general. Obviously there is some twisted reason for being pukey about the LDS church on the JW discussion board. Whatever! I think the doofy poster read something about the LDS church and thought they needed to expose it or something.

It certainly looks that way. This so-called 'account' seems as unreliable as one about the Dubs earlier by the same poster:

I've since learned that certain JW's get to fly around the world and go to and live in interesting countries, all expenses paid. A JW person on another non-religious board is flaunting the fact they're going to live in a tropical paradise paid for by the Jw's. They will live in a nice secure condo or house in a whites-only compound, have a vehicle provided, have all their basic needs (food, clothing and so on) met and have spending money to boot to explore and enjoy the tropical paradise. I want on that permanent holiday. Who wouldn't? So I have several thoughts and questions.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/9/132750/2361773/post.ashx#2361773

Of course, truth will out but certainly it needs to be pointed out that Posting Guidelines prohibit misrepresentation.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit