Hows everyone doing?

by ScoobySnax 9 Replies latest jw friends

• ScoobySnax
    ScoobySnax

Been a while since I been on this forum and just wanted to know how everyones doing. I remember a few, Minimus, Valis, BigTex, Nina, Poppers, etc etc. Lifes pretty good here at the mo, infact never been happier. What you all up to? Love Scoob

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I remember you, Scoob. Where are YOU? Do you remember me?

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

I remember you! Where you been ole buddy ole friend?

You missed Xena and LT wedding announcement. I'm flying out to Dallas to voice my objections in just over a week! LOL!

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

Well let's see, since I last remember you posting I have come out of the closet, my sexuality is all out there for anyone who cares. I had thought about seeking reparative therapy, but I have put that plan on hold for an even bigger one, namely politics.

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

Howdy Scott! How are you my friend? How's life in the Mother Country?

I don't pop in much anymore, but I saw you here so I thought I'd stick my head in and give you a big howdy.

Chris

• toladest
    toladest

Hey Scooby. I remember you too. I just popped in after a couple years off the board. Life for me has changed DRASTICALLY.

My husband had a mental breakdown due to the severe abuse he endured at the hands of his father and step-mother as a child. He left me and the kids behind. I worry about him but he doesn't want anything to do with anyone connected to his past. He has no connection with his mother or siblings or any old friends. He has alienated all of us. He just married a woman that has already cheated on him several times before the wedding and she is VERY controlling and abusive. He has admitted he doesn't love her and knows she doesn't love him but feels this is the life he deserves. He forgets anything unpleasant and I feel has severe dissociative disorder, but he won't seek help.

My kids and I are moving on the best we can and will be moving to Tennessee next month as that is where my sisters are. I have a good career and am sure I can pick it up there. I have learned a lot since leaving the WTS and it has only made me stronger. The biggest thing I think I learned is that life does go on even after tramatic events and loosing people you love. It's important to stay positive and work at making life better. It's also important not to dwell too long on things that you can't control or do anything about.

It is hard losing my husband and best friend after 19 years of marriage. My avitar was chosen back when we were together and was how I felt we were. It's from "The Notebook" and I was so impressed by the mans love for his wife. But I realize that his leaving me had nothing to do with me. He has left his kids too and he was an amazing husband and father. He snapped and is no longer the same person.

Life is slowly getting better and I am mostly happy. :)

I'm glad you started this thread so I can check in on old friends too!

Laurie (Fitzwater) Gendreau

• kls*
    kls*

Holy crap Scoob ! how da hell are ya ?

• skycaptain
    skycaptain

Hi i am a newbie, and life is o so much better since i became a EX jw since my first christmas of 2006 when i was disfellowshiped.And for finaly being able to talk about the cult to people who understand were i am comeing from.

• toladest
    toladest

Hi Sky Captain. I have to say, this board as well as ones like it really helped me to get out and get over the WTS. I was DFed and left devastated. I was NOT ready to be thrown out and did NOTHING wrong to be DFed for. Here I learned that there were many others like me. I learned being an apostate was NOT at all what I had been taught it was all my life. I learned that there is life after the WTS. After a while I felt I was supporting others as much as they were supporting me. This forum gave me a voice and a chance to go to Brooklyn for the first Silentlambs march! It was so very empowering after having been their victim. I got a chance to stand in front of their building (of course they all hid inside and locked the gates) and say what I felt. They could NO LONGER hurt me and THEY were afraid of US! What a turn around.

I hope you can gain as much here as I did over the years. Life can be TRUELY wonderful!

Laurie

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Scoob..You miserable Dub Kid!..Whatcha been up to?..LOL!!...OUTLAW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit