will my Mom be in some big trouble?

by freebird2000 26 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• The Dragon
    The Dragon

I have no faith in any of their advice..just to set the record straight. Least of all their medical opinions and guesses....

Perhaps if people asked for explanations and justification behind the orders and rules they are giving and having obeyed unquestioningly..their jobs would become much harder and people must stronger and wiser.

Think of this......if stupid orders from the top suddenly start getting sent back to the ones giving them for explanations and justification by those footsoldiers who usually carry them out for them without question....how would the brass deal with all the oders coming back at them...could they explain them to a degree that people would willingly obey them..or would they rebel?

• choosing life
    choosing life

I have heard of Witnesses being taken to other areas of the hospital to receive blood products in confidentiality. You just need to make sure that all evidence is removed, such as her blood band bracelet she wears during the transfusion.

Also, Scully is right. There is a place on the admission forms where you can list who may view her private records. You may want to limit that to her and yourself, with her permission.

Best to not state jws as her religion, but you can't always avoid visits if she's been a jw for a long time.

Sorry to hear about your mom's sickness. She is lucky to have you with her.

• The Dragon
    The Dragon

Why do have to run and hide from them like a scared child? That is messed up imo.

• choosing life
    choosing life

May be messed up, but it allows her private medical information to remain that way. It is none of their business. Most hospitals would cooperate with a jw who wants to receive blood privately. They are glad to help save a life.

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

I agree that don't ask don't tell is the best policy.

HLC members have been known to use their position to perform what the hospital regards as Pastoral Care Visits. They can request a list of all JW patients in the hospital and will make unannounced visits, wearing hospital approved ID, to patients on the JW list.

They can also gain access to the patient's chart under the guise of documenting a pastoral care visit.

Unfortunately, I have some experience in this regard. One of these "HLC members" visited a terminally-ill close relative of mine and actually had the audacity to attempt to discuss my loved one's medical situation with doctors. This individual advised the doctors that my loved one could not receive a blood transfusion. My anger was difficult to obscure, and the offending HLC member left suddenly, as he was about to be physically ejected. I also severly admonished the doctors for even considering a discussion with this individual, and advised the doctors of the potential legal consequences of this entirely illegal and inappropriate discussion.

In the end, we respected the patient's choice to forego a transfusion. The patient died shortly thereafter, although death was not caused by the lack of a transfusion. Nevertheless, the actions of the HLC member were incredibly repugnant and shameworthy as well as demonstrative of the degree of control this organization attempts to exercise over those who call themselves JWs.

• The Dragon
    The Dragon

To be in such fear of them and what they think of you.....shows the degree of power and control they have over you......

Almost sounds like you are trying to hide your actions from God.....and you don't even know for sure if He approves or not! Because someone thinks He does not.....does not really mean He does not.

There is quite a bit of freedom in ignorance..try it some time.

Or obey some know-it-all in a suit and tie if that is what floats your boat.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit