The Walking Wounded Interviews - available soon in DVD format

by Lady Lee 18 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

A few people know that Dr. Penton, Grace/Mouthy and I participated in a series of interviews about the JWs.

The Producer/Director of the VHS videos, James Kohl, has been working to update the videos and release the series in DVD format.

I am thrilled the videos will be soon available. Kohl had done a few other interviews but they were never released. The new DVD format will include those interviews.

From the back of the present 3 videos:

The Walking Wounded project, came out of childhood experiences of writer/director Andrew Kohl, and the subsequent isolation and alienation that results for many who are born and raised, and indocrinatedwith fear while observing the many restrictions such as no celebration of birthdays, Christmas and many other separating identity qualifiers the Watchtower organization uses to ensure so-called Christain purity

The goal of the interview videos is to help raise enough money to produce a documentary exposeing the controling hand the WTS uses to manipulate and control not only its active membershipo but seeks to control those who have left by isolating them from friends, family and even from God

Understanding Jehovah's Witnesses

Most people know Jehovah's Witnesses as people who knock on their door and preach their religious faith, in hopes of recruiting more believers.

This is true, yet there is a strong dark side to this faith. Our decades of experience and research bring to you this series of DVDs and seminars.

Our DVDs include interviews with the following people:

James Penton,
    Professor Emeritus, Author, Ex-Jehovah's Witnesses.

M. James Penton, as a former fourth-generation Jehovah's Witness, and a religious historian, brings with him a wealth of informationand insight to a religious movement which seems to leave a lot of "Walking Wounded" individuals in the aftermath of leaving, being ex-communicated or "disfellowshipped" for various reasons.

In this first of our interview series in support of "The Walking Wounded" documentary project, James Penton reminisces of the days when the JW organization was much less severe in its policies. He recounts how damaging the authoritarian nature of the belief system has become, and its tendency toward totalitarian ideals which bear no resemblance to the tenets of early Christianity, being simply love of neighbor and love for God

Grace Gough,
    Founder of Cult Awareness And Recovery (CAAR) support group, Ex-Jehovah's Witnesses.

In this second of our series in support of "The Walking Wounded" documentary project, Grace Gough remembers when she first became a Jehovah's Witness. She tells how the promises of a prophetic interpretation for peace on earth were linked to a life of slavery, which separated her from family, then friends, and eventually caused her to contemplate suicide due to feelings of inadequacy to God.

Grace tells of her activities with her support group "Cult Awareness and Recovery" and has become internationally knownamong support group circles, with radio, TV appearances, and speaks in various groups and churches on a regular basis, telling her story and spreading the word in how to understand the mysterious and enigmatically strange world of Jehovah's Witnesses.

Lee Marsh (fomerly Lee Hardiman),
    Psychologist, Cult Researcher, Ex-Jehovah's Witnesses.

Lee Hardiman Marsh is a spiritual, physical and sexual abuse survivor, and an ex-Jehovah's Witnesses. She has used these negative life experiences to help other cult and abuse survivors by becoming a therapist who understands the dynamics of mind control. Having studied the research criteria of Prof. Robert Lifton, author of "Thought Reform and the Psychology of Totalism"she applies this to various issues such as free will, cult thinking and the denial of injustices.

Her explanation of the dynamics of mind control and the resulting depression among survivors are in layman's terms for everyone. This is a most helpful accountfor other survivors, therapists, counsellors, doctors and clergy of all denominations. There is a serious lack of information to facilitate understanding of the connection between religion and psychology, and her comments provide a wealth of knowledge through her own experience, and subsequent knowledge of child and spouse abuse, cult organization coverups and tips on healing the scars that can take decades to unravel.

And many more interviews of people with powerful personal stories to tell.

©

Kohl Productions Inc

This DVD and seminar series will be available soon. Please stay tuned for more information.

NOTE: I have added in the commentary of content of each VHS video to the three interviews

Kohl may also retitle the vidoes. I will let you know when they are available

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

Wow, sounds very interesting. I remember you mentioning this in the past, but it's nice to see that they've come to light. I'll be happy to get a copy.

• zeroday
    zeroday

Thanks Lady Lee also can't wait to get a copy. Will it be available on amazon.com

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

zeroday

He had the VHS videos available directly on his site. But listing it on Amazon.com could be a great idea to make it widely available

• DJK
    DJK

I am interested. Will you contact people when they become available?

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

When James lets me know the DVDs are ready and how they can be bought I will post the info.

• mouthy
    mouthy

Hi Lee ..Good idea to resurrect those videos He also did one on Roberta Moore , her boys were found dead with the WT tracing out their place of death ( someone had written it on the bottom of the article about Armeggedon. )
    Roberta swears they were murdered ,She is still fighting it. Very interesting video,I forget what he Titled that one.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Grace

I just found that one on the site also. He calls it The Moore Tragedy:Suicide or Murder?

He says:

The Moore Tragedy: Suicide or Murder? (2001)

This story was originally intended to be part of our Understanding Jehovah's Witnesses series, but was so powerful and complex it became a 43 minute documentary of its own.

We traveled to the small town of Ogema, Wisconsin where the shooting of two young brothers had occurred 9 years prior. Although the national media-frenzy was over, the people were still confused why two young brothers supposedly shot themselves. They seemed like happy kids. Even unhappy kids this young don't normally do this.

The evidence suggests it was not possible for this to be a suicide. For example, the rifle was found several meters away from the bodies under a pile of leaves. Many mistakes were made by the small town police, which likely did not have much experience with this type of case. It was in their best interests to solve it quick. Years later the chief of police disappeared.

If they did not commit suicide, then what happened?

The boys were part of a Jehovah's Witness family. When the mother left the abusive father, she also left the Jehovah's Witness church. However, the father bribed the boys to continue attending the church.

The Jehovah's Witness believe that Armageddon is imminent, and destruction will befall those who are not in their faith. They will then inherit the earth which will become a paradise. Is it possible that the boys found a loop-hole in the doctrine that would allow a shortcut to this paradise?

This documentary will be available on DVD soon, please stay tuned.

I knew nothing about this so was surprised when I saw it

• mouthy
    mouthy

BTTP

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

Perhaps once this project is fully completed it can be presented to PBS as a counter to "Knocking"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit