WTF?! Yoga according to the WBTS is not acceptable?

by sinis 17 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• carla
    carla

Of course it wouldn't be acceptable, origins you know. Wasn't there a game similar to soccer Aztecs (or Mayan's ?) played only they used a human head? possibly sacrificed? (or a punishment?) Should jw's really play soccer? How about the Olympics? can they watch those? What about the origins of the first Olympics? the original games were played in the nude by people who worshiped pagan gods.

• averyniceguy
    averyniceguy

LOL, Anti-Christ! You rock!

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

OF COURSE EVERYTHING HAS A PAGAN ORIGIN. THE PAGANS WERE HERE FIRST!

• ithinkisee
    ithinkisee

Anything (like yoga) that improves one's self-image, strengthens their mind, and makes them feel good about themselves is off-limits. Why? Because only field service and association with other JWs is supposed to do that.

-ithinkisee

• aniron
    aniron

Many Christians won't do Yoga either because of it spirtistic connections.

• Mary
    Mary

He's a Jedi Master.......why isn't he acceptable?!

• daystar
    daystar

I don't understand the surprise at this. I was in from 1974-1991 and was fully aware of the WBTS' opinion of yoga.

• Liza
    Liza

nvrgnbk, QFT!

Writing and math and singing also were invented by pagans.

Pretzels have "Christendom" origins because they were made by a monk teaching some kids how to pray, or at least that's what they said in Food Network.

Visiting Japanese gardens, watching Hula dancing, and reading fantasy novels are most likely also condemmed by JWs.

As for the Yoga thing I'm not suprised, I have heard of a JW who didn't want her kids to play sports because it encouraged compitetion because "competition endoreses hate, violence and comes from Satan", and "involves luck which is gambling which is also connected to Satan."

Keeping cats also comes from Satan too because pagans domesticated them because they were revered.

Pretty soon they are going to ditch their wedding rings.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit