The WTS: Masters of the GRANFALLOON (propaganda technique)

by M.J. 13 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• M.J.
    M.J.
    Rutherford's antithesis between "God's organization" and "Satan's organization" is a case in point.

I think its clear from reading old WT magazines that prior to Rutherford's leadership, the emphasis was mostly on the teaching(i.e., "The Divine Plan of the Ages"). After Rutherford's takeover, the emphasis shifted to the teacher (i.e., "God's Organization", Theocracy, etc.).

It worked.
  • M.J.
  • Dogpatch
    Dogpatch

Excellent points! No one is immune to this tactic. If you think you are, you are self-deceived. It's all about identifying with a greater cause, a greater ego, that hides from us the meager reality of our souls.

Randy

http://www.freeminds.org

• M.J.
    M.J.

A powerful example of a granfalloon, I think, is featured in the documentary film, "Sound and Fury".

This film shows the profound impact that the shared identity/experience among deaf people has in their perception of the world...how it can bind them together in pride and bias them against the "hearing" world...even to the point of influencing deaf parents to refuse a cochlear implant to their little girl, which would allow her to hear and talk.

The documentary features a segment where a group of deaf people at a social gathering. They are shown signing to each other about how deaf culture "rules", while hearing people are so arrogant and "just don't get it".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit