Do You Still Act Like A Jehovah's Witness?

by prophecor 44 Replies latest social relationships

• prophecor
    prophecor

I'm not very far removed, any longer from how I presented myself as a witness, and how I do today. I'm usually polite, cordial, respectful of others, even those who I may have very little regard for or those who on a regular basis, piss me off. I work very hard not to use foul language. I will, however, when necessary give folx a piece of my mind when they require it. Are you still acting like one of Jehovah's Witnesses, in spite of all that you know regarding the truth about "The Truth?"

• Honesty
    Honesty

No, Jesus completely changed me.

• anewme
    anewme

For a long time after my dfing I continued to behave like a witness, feeling very out of place in crowds, uneasy at "bless you" remarks, shaky around holidays, not feeling like I fit in or belonged anywhere.

Then I found this site and started to heal and slowly became comfortable in my new exjw skin.
    I morphed into a new me!

So now I would say NO, I no more act like a Jehovahs Witness. I am much more at ease everywhere and in crowds. I feel in control of myself and have power over others as well to persuade them to behave a certain way around me. I am older now and enjoying the wisdom and understanding and the higher perspective of life and people that turning 53 gives me this year. I am calm and relaxed in the world now. I am not offended as easily by the habits of others. I feel a mercy and insight that I never had as a witness.

Thanks for asking such a good question Prophecor!

Anewme

• 5go
    5go

No, the Invisible Pink Unicorn changed me.

• The wanderer
    The wanderer

In certain respects, when it comes to my behaviour
    I try to be polite in everday life and conduct my
    everyday affairs in a cordial manner.

However, there are times when I slip up in
    that respect also.

The positive things that I learned while in the
    organization I still try to keep. For example:

My manner of dress and grooming are still
    very "witness like" in the sense that I
    take a tremendous pride in being clean-
    cut.

Respectfully,

The Wanderer

• parakeet
    parakeet

Politeness and clean language are not the sole province of JWs, though they like to believe that it is. With JWs, good manners are often a cover to conceal how much contempt they have for "worldly" people. I'd rather associate with honest and kind-hearted people, even if their language is less than perfect.

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

Do You Still Act Like A Jehovah's Witness?

I got laid last night be a lady I never met before and well probably never see again.

Answer you qwerstion bra?

'pologise for being drunk right now. prolly regret this post tommorra\\

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Many of the values of the JWs are values I still hold to be true. I believe in being a honest, fair, moral person. I am respectful to others, even when they don't deserve it. OK I'm worse than a JW.

I believe that when we treat others with kindness and respect, most of the time we will get the same back. If we don't then their behavior is nothing on me.

When I was a JW I was prejudiced, sanctimonious, and cared only for those who were deemed worthy.

I've learned a lot since then

• The wanderer
    The wanderer

In addition, having had the exposure to different
    individuals within the organization makes me
    more understanding of persons from different
    cultural or racial backgrounds down till this
    day.

Whether the individuals are African American,
    Hispanic Americans or whatever, I tend to
    see people more like "brothers."

I guess I still act like a "witness" in this
    sense as well.

Respectfully,

The Wanderer

• Liza
    Liza

Having been out in "the world" for a long time, and then a few months ago re-thinking my conduct, well now I still swear less then I used to but now I don't feel so guilty about it. I also don't feel so guilty anymore mastrubating and finding myself late at night having half of my brain turned off and the on part wanting to look at pic of boobs(I think I have lesbian tendencies. but then again years of sexual restraint do this kinda thing to people, I've heard acounts of orgies at Bethel).

But I am stll very polite, and make no attempts to steal, cheat, or lie just becuase I feel like it. "Bless you" still irks me though. And I still stand up for what I believe in when it comes to debates.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit