I think this ILLUSTRATION is Powerful

by xjwms 8 Replies latest jw friends

• xjwms
    xjwms

So in the background I am listening to Zig Ziglar. Keeping in the spirit of maintaining a positive attitude. Here goes...

You finally have the money to build your dream house. You hire the best architects to draw the plans. You also hire the best

luxury home builder to put the dream together. When the house is done it is beautiful, and you move in. You celebrate with joy

because it is the finest and dream come true.

After a month you notice a crack. After two months the crack is larger, .. and now you notice many cracks. After 12 months the

house is condemned because it is falling appart. Who is to blame,? ... the Architects or the Builder..?

The architect is to blame. The plans were faulty... The bottom line is.....

If we are not a far along in life, .. where we want to be, .. then we have been listening to the wrong people, and the wrong

architects for our life. We need to take over being our own architect in our own life.

Reminded me way to much of who I let influence me from young on. The JW lifestyle is a sad one ..... at best.

What do you think???????

• EnlightenedMind
    EnlightenedMind

I agree with the illustration. Everyone has to take responsibility for his/her own life and what they make of it.

However, just the phrase "Powerful Illustration" is nausea-inducing because it sounds so jw-ish. lol When I first saw the title, I actually thought it would be a parody. lol

• xjwms
    xjwms

EnlightenedMind

Thanks, ... I just never heard the "take control of your life" put this way before.

• choosing life
    choosing life

The architect may have been at fault, but at least you would have the right to take him to court and recoup your losses. The false architect of Watchtower spin goes on and on without consequence.

I agree though that you do have to take responsibility for your life. Trying to do just that. Thanks for the illustration.

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

self-sovereignty is the greatest freedom of all

• SusanHere
    SusanHere

Perhaps the architect was at fault for his original concept being flawed, but wouldn't also the builder be partly at fault for continuing to perpetuate the errors of the architect? Wouldn't a master builder be able to read the plans well enough to realize there might be problems?

And couldn't a shady builder cut corners, looking out for himself rather than his client, and in this way make minor flaws into major ones?

So to me everyone involved with the design and construction would be at fault.

Likewise, an organization (such as a religion) might be flawed from its very beginning, but those who continue to perpetuate those flaws and force-feed the errors to other innocent, unsuspecting people, must also share in the blame for the harm done.

Susan

• xjwms
    xjwms

Thanks everyone

This illustration just continues to confirm "my never going back"

I just wish my wife would see the light.

• Numinous
    Numinous

Nobody wants to say the emperor has no clothes. The longer a person is in the religion, the harder it is to get out as it is like a life insurance policy that you will lose out on big time if you chose to cash it in. It may be scarey to take responsibility for the direction of your life when you are used to being spoon-fed every thought for so long too. Eventually it comes down to the reality that the org. is only a bunch of men sitting around a table, like in the Wizard of Oz--"pay no attention to the man behind the curtain"!

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

Reminded me way to much of who I let influence me from young on. The JW lifestyle is a sad one ..... at best.

What do you think???????

I agree. I listened to a lot of Zig Zigler in my recovery from being a witness.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit