Forum Skins i am making (your thoughts)

by KW13 11 Replies latest jw friends

• KW13
    KW13

I run a Technology forum with some friends. Not long ago i showed the Aurora Elements of these skins for your feedback which was appreciated. I'm not asking just to get "oh how nice" although that'd be nice lol, i want to know if its easy to read the writing, whether colour schemes (whether ya like or not) match up etc

Constructive Critisism welcomed.

There are some other skins made but these probably won't make it on the final site and/or they are mainly unfinished.

Click Thumbnail to see full-size image (same applies to all).

Skin Called Aurora Elements

alt

Skin Called Aero Leaves

alt

Skin Called Longhorn Elements

alt

My site is currently undergoing a series of changes, these skins are part of the update to everything and what people see leaves a big impression. Your feedback is important.

• EnlightenedMind
    EnlightenedMind

I like the first one, Aurora Elements... It's "technology-ish", if that makes sense. lol

The background on the middle one is a little distracting to me.

The third one didn't move me either way.

• mavie
    mavie

Aurora Elements is great. Easy to read and soothing. Conducive to spending time.

Aero Leaves is too busy. Maybe try blurring the background? Darken?

Longhorn Elements has white near the top. Hard to read and distracting. Plus the background image is strange.

• Guest with Questions
    Guest with Questions

As far as colours I like the first one best. I personally have difficulty with the lines but that's probably because I wear glasses and just had cataract surgery (yes, even younger people get cataracts) I would choose this one over the others inspite of the lines.

The second one I found too busy

I like the colours on the third one, it was easier on the eyes for me. Does the hay have any signifigance?

I use CorelDraw so I'm wondering if you used a fountain fill.

• restrangled
    restrangled

As far as colors,....love the first one. Hate the last one. Stay away from orange, red and yellows.

Blues, greens and pale purples are the easiest on the eyes.

r.

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

the first one.

I dont like a bunch of shit in the back ground when Im looking at a page (my not so humble opinion)

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

reminds me of the old joke " How do you circumsize a whale"?

Send down 4 skin divers

• UnConfused
    UnConfused

LOL 4skin

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC
    reminds me of the old joke

alt

Ya! Joehova likes for'mskins so much... let him decide!!

• arrowstar
    arrowstar

needs to be easy to read is all that really matters to me...

whatever you do...no black with red font....ACK!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit