Thanks to all of you!

by emilyblue 13 Replies latest social relationships

• emilyblue
    emilyblue

I want to thank all of you for your words of wisdom and support during my breakup with my JW ex-boyfriend. I honestly don't know how I would have handled the last few weeks without having this forum. I had reached the point where I had no where else to turn. I was too embarrassed to confide anymore to my family and friends because I felt so ashamed for allowing myself to go through the same cycle, over and over again. Thank you for being here. I have learned so much reading all the posts, past and present.

I am moving back to my home state in June, and I am so excited! A few months ago, my older brother and sister-in-law bought a new house. They sold their old house to my other brother and sis-in-law. Well, they in turn are going to lease THEIR old house to me, with the option to buy once I am all settled in! My dad calls it the trifecta! It just feels like more than a coincidence. I feel like God is pointing me in the right direction now that I'm finally able to let go of this unhealthy relationship. I've sent in my resume and application to several school districts there and have received an offer from my old principal from the very first district in which I taught! I wasn't crazy about working in that particular district and had put my application in there primarily as a "back up," so I'm not sure if I should accept the position or wait it out and see if something I would like better comes along. It's only April, after all, so I feel I have some time before I get desperate.

I feel happy now, and it's only been about a week since our last blowout. A few weeks ago, I thought I would be miserable without him. I feel free. He is no longer around to blame me or confuse me. I do worry about him a lot though. But he is a grown man and he is the one who made the ultimatum, not me. I do feel bad about the way it ended, but it just couldn't seem to end on a good note. He asked me why I felt I couldn't become a Witness, and when I gave him my reasons, he figuratively beat me up again with scripture until I finally told him I didn't care what the Bible said. He had a field day with that comment. Of course I care, but he had me feeling so confused and frustrated I just wanted to yank the Bible out of his hands and beat him over the head with it and then shove it up his you-know-what.

One of the positive things I have gotten out of this relationship is that I have read the Bible more in the last few months than I think I have my entire life. Another thing that I have learned is that you really can't make someone else happy if they're not so inclined. That's never really hit home with me before this. I always felt like everything could be in my control, but I had absolutely no control over his moods and actions. I feel like I know myself better now. I know what I can and can't live with; I know just how far I can compromise before I start to feel like I am losing myself. I have also learned that I can't give my heart away so easily the next time. As Dr. Phil or someone said, the best predictor of future behavior is past behavior.

You all have given me such wise advice. I have read your responses to my posts dozens of times when I have felt weak and wanted to call him. You have helped more than you can ever know.

Thank you.

• horrible life
    horrible life

I am so proud of you!!! House (home), new job, fresh start. No abuse, no brainwashing, no guilt. I am jealous!!!!! I can't help but think, that Prince Charming is right around the corner.

I think alot of the paths I have taken in my life. If I had not taken that job, I wouldn't have met my ex-husband. Pain. But, if I had moved near my parents, after the divorce, instead of moving to the nearby town, I wouldn't have met my present husband of 20 years, and have a cool 15 year old daughter.

Please keep that good feeling, of going down the road you are taking. You will look back on this, and sigh a huge sigh of relief that you went down a different road.

• Highlander
    Highlander

I'm so glad we were able to give you a positive influence. Good luck with your move. I wish you the best.

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

Wow, I'm glad to hear that things are REALLY going your way! Congrats on moving on with your life, and it sounds like you're on the right path!

• jgnat
    jgnat

You got so wise, so quickly. I am proud of you. You are a woman with a good, good heart. Give it to a good, good man next time, OK? Keep in touch every couple months or so. I'd love to see where you end up.

• unique1
    unique1

CONGRATULATIONS!!

• Crumpet
    Crumpet
    i feel happy now, and it's only been about a week since our last blowout. A few weeks ago, I thought I would be miserable without him. I feel free. He is no longer around to blame me or confuse me. I do worry about him a lot though. But he is a grown man and he is the one who made the ultimatum, not me.

That is great great news and it sounds like you have lots of plans and everything is going to work out beautifully for you! I hope you meet a man with a heart and soul as broad and loving and sensible as your!

• anewme
    anewme

Good post Emilyblue! Sounds like you are on your way to a NEW LIFE!!!!

Anewme

• jelcat8224
    jelcat8224

I am so happy for you! Stay true to yourself and you'll be fine! Good luck hun!

• poppers
    poppers

Emilyblue, I just read the entire thread about your situation with this man and I am glad to see that you are moving on. By the way, bringing cupcakes to celebrate a readathon is a much healthier and joyous expression of life than adhering to a bunch of bizarre teachings from an equally bizarre religion. Good for you, and good for your students. I bet you are a wonderful teacher.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit