Please "Study" With Jehovah's Witnesses, I beg you!

by AK - Jeff 34 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Anti-Christ
    Anti-Christ

jgnat,

My heart told me, and I told her, that she was going to get this girl out with love. "Just love her" I told her.

I agree and I also agree with the ask one or two questions approach but I think it's good to have many questions prepared.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Oh, yes, Antichrist. I am a chess player from way back. I have ten times more material in reserve than what I let on.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff
    A list of a hundred questions is daunting in itself, and no doubt is quite impressive. But how would anyone respond to a list of a hundred questions? It would feel like you were on a firing line, facing a dozen machine guns. Anyone would run. I prefer to ask one or two questions, keeping that list in reserve, firmly behind my back. When we work through those questions, I bring out a couple more.

Of course, no one is suggesting this, are they? The idea is to plant doubts if possible, reason with them if allowed to, and aid them to leave if they dare.

Very few witnesses would ever allow the kind of friendship with them that you describe between your daughter and a schoolmate. While it should be done out of love [what better motive than that?], most encounters with Jw's will likely be brief, hence the preparation and questions.

The 'study' approach will work if carefully approached - but the success rate will not be 100%. If one has an unusual opportunity to befriend a Jw, that of course would be the best scenario - if they don't break off the friendship in total fear [a likely result]. The likely encounter of highest frequency is at the door.

Preparation is the key - it does not preclude love to prepare well. As far as what doctrine to work on - well that could be a dozen different ones depending on the individual involved. To be well prepared for just the Trinity, for example, might be of no value to a Jw afraid to examine this issue - which probably includes most of them. But they might be willing to deal with the matter of the GB - or prophecy failures. The preparation of 100 questions or 1000 is not the point - you likely will only get to use very few of them. But preparation of only one or two might end the matter with no impact, as Jw's know how to play Bible ping-pong better than anyone.

Jeff

• steve2
    steve2

I am more cynical about the extent to which the average JW actually cares deep down inside about what is and is not "the truth".

Many of them - particularly the ones who still bother to regularly door-knock - have made such a "sacrifice" for the religion that they have a powerful vested interest in simply switching off. Despite decades of exposure to the JW mindset, I can still be astonished by their seeming lack of disturbance or regard for factual information, even if it's presented in a spirit of love and concern.

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

about 15 years ago someone named "stanley" tried this to me, I wanted to listen and see his "beth-sarim" articles.... but my partner cought on to the "apostate" stuff.

I found out more on the net.

you see that's why JW's go in pairs..... it's to help each other out!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit