Follow the Who????

by seek2find 7 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• seek2find
    seek2find

I find it interesting that the title of this years DC is "Follow the Christ" It will be interesting to see how they twist the theme around to "Follow the Christ by following the Orginazation". I'm sure they will find the way to do so. Any thoughts anyone??? seek2find

• Zico
    Zico

Each year the Society has a talk on how the rank and file should behave at Conventions, giving great detail about what JWs should wear, where they should stay during the Convention, where they should sit etc... This year's talk on how JWs should behave is called 'Follow the Christ by maintaining dignity' They then proceed to state how following Jesus with dignity means dressing in a certain way, sitting in a certain place etc... This indicates to me that the whole Convention will be about following Christ by following his chosen Organisation's rules, not his main message of love.

• Honesty
    Honesty

It's an easy task to twist Christ when you have 6 million people who actually believe you are the 'anointed ones' of Jehovah.

• RULES & REGULATIONS
    RULES & REGULATIONS

Follow the Christ? That's a new one! The only time WTS use the name Jesus is in closing out prayers. Everything is about the'' organization'' and the "faithful and discreet slave." Everything is about rules and regulations. How to present magazines. How to mark down return visits. How to behave at assemblies. How to groom and dress.

• I.Wonder
    I.Wonder

I started a topic about the D.C.(http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/124840/1.ashx) back in November. Leolaia said:

"Interesting title choice. BTW, before the 1950s, "the Christ" referred to the "anointed class" (in fact, "the anointed" is used today in the same sense that "the Christ" used to be, and "Christ" literally means "anointed").

So when they say "Follow the Christ" they really mean "Follow the Annointed" which as we all know really means "Follow the Organization".

I am sooo NOT looking foward this convention.

• sir82
    sir82

Yeah, the formula is pretty simple:

1) "Follow the Christ"

2) Wait, he's not here on the earth

3) Lucky for us, he appointed a "faithful & discreet slave"

4) Since the pope faithful & discreet slave is the direct representative of Christ on the earth, following them is as good as following Christ.

See there? Now you don't have to spend 3 days listening to variations on this theme.

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

Follow the Yellow Brick Road would have more relevance.

I find out in unusual that they were following the Christian module in format and using the definite article prefixing Christ. It was just plain ole Jesus or Christ when I was flipping NWT pages.

• seek2find
    seek2find

Hey Rules, Like the picture. Looks more like the Christ I worship. Wait did I say worship??? Whats wrong with me???? Maybe I should have said "do Obiesence to" No, I like worship better. Im finished following the orginization. Christians should follow Christ ALONE!!!! That's where I want to be. seek2find

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit